Also, since PT isn’t helping, maybe consider stopping that. Sometimes the more PT we do, the more we maintain upset tissues. Maybe yours need to time to calm down.
I'd echo this. I also have a Patellofemoral PKR and my recovery has been quite good so far. However, every time I started doing some strengthening exercise (because I though it'd help me recover faster), I ended up upsetting my surgical knee and was forced to stop doing it a few days later. For me, just walking and biking worked really well.
United States
So sorry you are still having issues with your knees so long after recovery, the stabbing pain sounds like Zingers, these I still get on my knee that was operated on in 2019, healing of the nerves is still ongoing. However your level of pain doesn't sound good at all, would you not think of getting a second opinion from a completely different doctor, one that isn't familiar with you, a new set of eyes to give their expert opinion and see why you are still having this level of discomfort.
zingers. I got a lot more help from my GP than from my OS and was prescribed medication to help with this.