Guest viewing is limited

TKR PCL release post TKR<<

Well I’m not certain anyone sees my thread anymore
Between us, the staff read all new posts every day, so any new post won't be missed.
Walking is strong, squatting and lunging no problem
It's over a year now since the PCL release. There shouldn't be any need to still be doing squatting or lunging exercises. If they're part of your normal Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) well and good, but maybe cut them back a little.
I’ve honestly been so jealous of a few friends who got partials - seemed to heal and get back to serious gym training / powerlifting in mere months, while my total has been quite the saga. But my knee was mess up to begin with so there was no choice.
The state of your knee before surgery has a lot to do with how fast you recover. Your knee probably needed a lot more work during surgery. It's not a good idea to compare recoveries, because everyone has different circumstances.

I also had a partial which lasted me for 11 years, but I found my recovery took just as long as my TKR recoveries.

Your friends who have had easy recoveries from a PKR are fortunate. Here on BoneSmart, we see many people who have had less happy outcomes from a PKR and who need a revision to a TKR unacceptably soon after having their PKR. Almost all recoveries from a PKR take just as long as full recovery from a TKR.
 
I’m curious if anyone else has sensitivity in the tibia 2 + years post TKR? Mine can hurt at rest, which seems weird?
Yes, I do have that. It even wakes me up at night sometimes. I can't put my finger on as to why it happens, but about once a week, it just does. I'm also very tender on the upper part of the tibia, but that has been like that for years, even before my tkr. I was hoping the tkr would fix it, but it didn't. Tight pants around my knees are extremely uncomfortable.

Whether yours goes away or not, who knows? You have not had as many knee surgeries as I have so I bet yours will improve with time.
 
Hey it’s been a long time! I’m mostly doing very well, just a bit stiffer than I’d like my knee to be. But I have a question - does a TKR make one more prone to ankle swelling after a long car ride? This happened once last year, now twice this week. Hoping it’s not a big deal - I’m pretty active and healthy, but getting a little older so want to be sure.
 
Back
Top Bottom