TKR Patience really is a virtue….

described how when I kneel I find it a little sore along the scar line , to which he said he was impressed that I was kneeling after 1 year as he said a lot of patients are never able to kneel again without a lot of discomfort, let alone after 1 year.
That's interesting that your surgeon says that. I read a paper that said kneeling post TKR was the activity people found hardest.
Great report. Hope you don't have too long to wait for your second.
 
So…….. 20 months after my left TKR I’ve had a call to say my right TKR is scheduled for July 22nd!!! Very shocked because I wasn’t expecting to have the op until possibly end of the year.
My concern is that I had a cortisone injection in my right knee 2 weeks ago because I was in a lot of discomfort, and even though my last injection was over 2 years ago ,and didn’t do anything to help ,I felt I needed to try something.
By the time I am due to have my op it will be 6 weeks post injection….. I’m hoping this is long enough for me to be able to have the procedure
 
You need to check with your surgeon. Usually the wait following an injection is 3 months.
 
Hi Loulou.
The July date was added to your signature, but it's likely it will be postponed until a later date given your recent injection. Let us know when you find out.

Since you're facing another TKR we'd like to encourage you to join the Insiders Club which allows special perks above the basics. Upgrading not only unlocks full access to all forum features, but also provides valuable services like assistance with locating a surgeon, helpful downloads, and entry to the BoneSmart Library filled with videos and in depth articles to support you on your joint replacement journey. Please join us!

Here is a link to check out -
@Loulou67
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom