Guest viewing is limited

TKR Patella Clunk

Thank God that clot was found and is now being treated! Now, you have a reason for all that pain.
 
NavyGunns that is very kind and much appreciated!

New knee has been behaving itself very well so far! I am very impressed with it!
 
@Scouseman Just checking to see if you are feeling any better. Hope that pain is easing for you and you are getting some much needed rest!
 
Thanks Jacey,
Today appears to have been a turning point for me, with regard to my calf pain. It is starting to settle, allowing me to commence a degree of weight bearing.

I remain extremely pleased with my knee. It is giving me minimal pain and my range of movement is very pleasing.

I feel confident that the procedure will prove to be a success!

This forum has been so helpful for me! Thank you to everyone for their help, support and guidance through what has been a worrying ten days!
 
So glad to hear this - best wished for continued great recovery.
 
Great update! Glad you turned the corner on this. Onward and upward!
 
DVT scare me but as far as I know, I have never had one. My calf is still sore from my revision but not red, hot or painful. Sometimes I wonder even though I am on Eliquis 5 mg twice a day for controlled AFIB, that I might have one. @Scouseman, your story scares me! I do have some small varicose veins in the area, esp. where they would have put the tourniquet. :bolt::shocked:
 
Cementless,
I would urge you to have this investigated!

I, too, was taking 2.5mg of Apixaban leading up to my surgery, with a carefully monitored transition to Fragmin two days before surgery and for three days afterwards.

Unlike you, I do have a long history of DVT’s and PE’s. However, like you, I did not expect to be the victim of a clot post my surgery.

Please, please, have it investigated. The potential consequences of not doing so are far too serious.

Good luck!
 
@Scouseman, thanks for your concern. I really do feel like it is just the regular calf soreness that comes with TKR/revisions along with the tightness and pulling sensation of the calf and thigh. I see my cardiologist on Jan 7th. Other than that I am doing quite well. Still take Tramadol 50 mg, ES Tylenol 1000 mg along with Robaxin 750 mg every 8-12 hrs.
 
Hi All,
I am beginning to feel human again and progressing well with my rehab exercises.

I am experiencing a degree of ‘clicking’ in the new knee. Is this normal?

Best wishes to all of those sharing a similar journey!
 
Dear All,
it is now four weeks post my TKR surgery and I feel that I am making very good progress, despite my clotting set back!

The wound is healing very nicely (thanks to liberal massaging with Bio Oil - highly recommended), Physio going well and moved from crutches to a walking stick now. I can manage to walk around my house without any walking aids.

However, one issue that I would appreciate reassurance with is the regular episodes of significant swelling of the knee post any venturing outdoors on my walking stick. I can actually feel it swelling when I am out and once home, the swelling is quite remarkable! Is this normal?

Of course, I ice and elevate and before too long the swelling reduces.

I hope that I am not doing too much and hope that my fellow travellers on this journey might perhaps share their experience and knowledge relating to the issue of swelling!

Have a lovely Christmas!
 
@Scouseman good to hear from you. Yes, swelling may be an issue for many months. Just keep icing and elevating. Still fairly early days for you!
 
Yes, I have the same but I tend to recover by the next day -- sounds like you are doing really well!
 
Just been out to a garden centre with daughter and granddaughter. Good fun but now sitting with knee up and ice ... so swollen and that’s at 11 weeks! So yes @Scouseman it does happen ....
However we were walking round for about an hour so progress.
Looks like you’re doing well for 4 weeks though.
 
Back
Top Bottom