Partial Meniscus repair to delay TKR. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a meniscectomy April 2012, my knee felt better for awhile, but long term it was not the best choice for me. Cortisone shots don't provide relief for long nowadays, and my Ortho. Kept putting me off about TKR, so I sought another opinion. X-rays show I am bone on bone every time I apply weight, which is anytime I stand or walk, so I opted for a TKR. I hope this helps you..
 
SmartChoice that totally helps. I guess because I am not bone on bone yet I am hoping this gives me some relief. I do the cortizone shots and they actually do give me relief. I am still in pain and can't sleep without taking tramadol becuase I have this sharp shooting pain at night which I can only hope is the tear causing this. How old are you if I may ask? When is your TKR?
 
I had a menisectomy in 2008 that revealed a grade 4 chondromalcia (bone on bone) and some debris. It bought me almost 5 years.
 
SmartChoice that totally helps. I guess because I am not bone on bone yet I am hoping this gives me some relief. I do the cortizone shots and they actually do give me relief. I am still in pain and can't sleep without taking tramadol becuase I have this sharp shooting pain at night which I can only hope is the tear causing this. How old are you if I may ask? When is your TKR?

Tweet25, I will be 57 soon. My previous ortho. kept saying delay the surgery as long as you can because you're young. However, I have a few friends same age or younger who have been able to vastly improve their quality of life by going ahead and getting TKR. Wishing you the best, perhaps get a second or third opinion? It may be just what the dr. ordered. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom