TKR Pain one year post op

My knee wasn’t great the whole first year, but I saw improvements after that, abs even after the second year. You probably will, too.

How far are you walking every day? Maybe it’s a bit further than your knee wants. The knees can be drama queens if they don’t like something, or at least my knee sure is!
 
Thanks everyone for your comments. I only walk a mile. Yesterday the pain got worse as the day went on. Pain is somewhat better today tho. I'm going to lay off the walking for a few days. I just was so happy to be able to walk a little for exercise after so many years of arthritic knees not allowing me to do so! That knee has bothered me intermittently after walking, then it would get better, so hoping with a little tlc it will again. The recovery of both my knees was pretty normal, but the surgeries took a toll on me and I'm so fearful of needing another procedure.
 
but the surgeries took a toll on me and I'm so fearful of needing another procedure.
As I said, I continued to see improvements even after my second year anniversary. Some knees just really need a lot of time. I hope yours continue to improve for you.
 
Hoping the TLC helps. I also found that some days for no apparent reason, the knee would be temperamental even many months into the recovery process.
 
Ask your heart & ortho docs.
Have had auto-immune pericarditis, and heart doc said no more systemic steroids, but allowed (even though he wasn't thrilled about it because some does get into your system) cortisone shots in both knees every 3 months for 2 years before surgery, last one 3 months before surgery and then 3 weeks after surgery in non-surgical knee.
Ortho thought 3 months was the most you needed to wait before surgery to lessen infection risk.

At 5 months out, surgery knee gets stiff if I sit too long or stand in kitchen cooking too long. Other TKR people I know tell me they no longer have pain a year out, but still get stiff regularly.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom