TKR Pain in back of knee 1st week after surgery

Tentcamper

Country
United States United States
Hello all,
I'm going under the knife in just over a week and feel confident in my surgery team, especially with all your stories about good outcomes. My question is can you touch your toes shortly after surgery? And yes , I can touch them now :) :-) (:. I will be home alone after two days of help and as I practice around the house I find I can do most things if I can reach down to mid-calf.

Bending to touch the floor will like be quite painful and you risk losing your balance and falling.

Instead, why not get yourself a long-handled "grabber" so you don't have to try to bend down at all during those first couple of weeks post-op.
Pain in back of knee 1st week after surgery

You can find them on Amazon. Mine came as part of a recovery kits with other helpful items, like a sock aid and a dressing stick.

Here are some other recovery aides you should consider to make things easier:

Yeah, I was afraid I was delusional. Thanks for all the links. I'll let you know how they work on cat poop. :rotfl:

Well, you could try grabbing the pooper-scooper with the end of the grabber I guess? Or maybe ask the cats to handle it themselves? :heehee::meow:

Could you put the box(es) on a raised surface? Maybe a folding table? I volunteer at a cat rescue and we put the food and water on one in the community room.

That's exactly what I figured out. I have a step stool kind of thing to put the box on. The kitties will have to suck it up for a bit. It seems my list of things to do is growing rather than shrinking! Today I added 'fill everything '. Cat food, cat box, soap in dispensers, gas in car so that's not another task when people drive me to appointments. Whatever doesn't get done, just doesn't get done. Friends will help. What a production this is!

There are long handled scoopers available. Lots of our members used them just post op. Just do a search on Amazon.

Thanks everyone for all the ideas!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom