PKR pain behind knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seven week post op RPKR

Lesel, did you see those articles I gave you links to in post #4 of this thread? Did you read them ... all of them? What you are saying here leads me to suspect you may not have.
Starting back at work next week, nervous but think I will be okay. Taking ice packs in to use on breaks.
That's a good thing! Also make sure you explain to your boss that you need to have breaks to rest and elevate whilst using them! are you going back full time right away, because that's going to be really, really tough. Did you not see the article Phased return to work because it alerts you to a lot of other things you need to bear in mind when first returning to work. The first being do not on any account think you need to be doing PT as well as a day's work, nor any chores at home! For the first few weeks your working day should just me work, rest and sleep! Nothing more else you will end up feeling like a worn out dishrag!
Most nervous about problems sleeping. Sleep two hours and then wide awake.
Well, that could be another good reason why you shouldn't be going back to work just yet. Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?
Started taking Tramadol last night, but stiffness still woke me up. Things should get better as stiffness abates I am sure.
And another reason you should rethink returning to work. You still need Tramadol but if you drive to work or use machinery at work, that's a big no-no!

If you are still waking with stiffness then you are not taking enough pain meds. Stiffness is not only due to swelling Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it? but also is a manifestation of pain in itself. Try taking 1,000mg Tylenol with the Tramadol, it gives a nice, non-narcotic enhancement to the analgesic effect.
 
would you be a dear and put your surgery date in your signature like the rest of us do?
You can find the instructions here How to create a signature.
That also applies to anyone else who is reading this.
Thank you.
 
I am now eIght weeks into recovery from my RPKR. Progressing okay, still not there on he knee straightening. I am now back working full time nightshift. Tough going, Ice down mid shift and when I get home. Still having problems sleeping, getting back on a schedule. I am on my feet for the majority of my shift and climbing stairs, so I know I am getting plenty of exercise probably to much. I have been going to PT twice a week prior to returning to work. My therapist has been concentrating on pushing down on my leg to try and straighten it I believe i am about 5 degrees off. After therapy i am in pain for a couple of days.i can not imagine been able to keep this therapy up and work in between time.
Do you think I should drop my PT, and if I do would I be stuck with a limp because my knee is not straight yet.?
 
Lesel, your post made me shudder! Truly! :hate-shocked:

Things you should stop doing:
- going to PT twice a week
- therapist pushing down on leg

I've said all this before but I am going to say it again:
You are a mere 8 weeks out from surgery. You might think you have 'only' had a partial but it's still major surgery. You have heaps and heaps of time to get better ROM. There is no rush. And from the sound of it - climbing stairs and on your feet walking all day - you are already getting more than enough exercise.

I suggest you look on your work as PT and quit the rest. Spend all your time at home doing the rest, elevate and ice thing and take pain meds as often as you can, work permitting.

Are you still taking the Tylenol regularly? By which I mean 'regularly' and not waiting until the pain breaks through!
Did you read all those articles I left for you earlier in this thread? You never said you had.

What kind of work do you do, btw?
 
Twelve weeks postoperative

Well here I am twelve weeks out. Getting concerned with lingering knee pain on my medial side of knee where my replacement is. When I turn in bed etc get sharp pain then it subsides. The same thing when I exercise on upright bike can only manage ten minutes. I am back at work full time walking and standing for a full eight hours. Elevate a couple of times for ten minutes or so and ice. Recently joined Gym .So far I am just using bike and five mins on elyptical machine, I go straight after work as it is right next door, pretty handy. Does anybody have ant suggestions for other equipment I could safely use at Gym?
 
[Bonesmart.org] pain behind knee

​
 
Lesel, did you ever read my posts? You never answered my questions. The comments still apply and I am not in the least surprised you are still having pain!
 
Yes Josephine I did read your posts, they are always so helpful. I quit the PT as you suggested and take my tylenol by the clock, I do believe I will gain ROM in due time I also realize returning to work so soon seems foolish but finances made it nesessary. I work at a large Postal facility here in the USA , on the night shift. A long way from my native Liverpool, England.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom