TKR Pain at night

I am 1 month PO. I started using a TENS (transcutanious electrical nerve stimulation) at night. I turn it on when I wake up with knee pain and leave it running for 1/2 hour while I fall back asleep. The one I got has a setting for just "on only" which is what I seem to need.

NURSAL TENS EMS Unit Muscle Stimulator for Pain Relief Therapy, Electric 24 Modes Dual Channel TENS Machine Pulse Massager with 12 Pcs Electrode Pads/Continuous Stable Mode/Memory Function​

 
Hello and Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you are still doing well and you enjoyed the holidays.
Best Wishes for 2024! :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
@Kneejerk
 
Thank you so much! Happy New Year to you and all on the forum.
Update: overall feeling well. Still some minor pain at night. Have returned to all activities and continue with strengthening exercises. However, my therapist helped diagnose a new problem. I have had achiness on the outside of the knee, thinking that the surgery would take care of it. However the pain persists.
My surgeon indicated that he saw nothing unusual on the outside of the knee itself during surgery.
My therapist isolated the pain to the fibula head, so I need to think about next steps (beyond taping, ice etc) Since I’m moving much better with the knee now I thought I’d give it a few months since the outside pain is about 7 years old. Will just tough it out for a while longer and probably return to doc if it doesn’t get any better.
 
overall feeling well.

I’m moving much better with the knee now


At “only” 3 months post op you are 25% healed in this year long (on average) recovery. Many issues at this point do resolve themselves throughout the year.

You are doing well and will do even better in time. :flwrysmile:
 
Hello. New to forum. Had RTKR Oct 3 and overall doing well. Ten day post op check showed good results—incision healing well, no signs of infection, X-rays looked great, decent mobility. PT going well…doing the exercises. ROM 107 last week. Can walk, drive very short distances and perform simple house duties. On a continual regiment of icing, elevating, Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Problem is, cant sleep at night due to pain. I realize some of that is normal, but pain gets intense on inside section of knee Joint soon after going to bed. During daytime pain is not too bothersome. Quit taking oxy at night 2.5 weeks ago as it didn’t provide any relief. Only thing that seems to help is getting up frequently and walking the hallway. I’ve read through many posts and have appreciated all the sharing of experiences and advice. Thanks in advance for further input you may have to pain at night.
I had knee replaced 10-2, I am experiencing sort of the same at night, mine is more stiffness and aches real bad, just another chapter in the healing process, I got up at 3:30 and put some heat on it and started moving around to make it feel better, I’m hoping I sleep better tonigh. Good luck
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom