TKR Pain and stiffness at 12 weeks post op<

no I haven't done any exercises since you told me not to
 
I’m sorry to hear about your wife. I hope all will be well.
 
She is home now. She had a Flash pulmanary edema
 
I see my doctor on Tuesday i hope he has some answers as to why im having pain at 7 monthsn post op. Really thinking about getting a second opion
 
Good that your wife is back home.
I hope you get some answers from your OS next week.
 
All I get from my OS is I need to strengthen my quad mussels. I do that and it just causes more pain. IM about ready to get a second opinion.
 
Your knee may not feel completely normal at 6 months ( mine would get stiff and sore if I stood too long or did too much) but if you're having intense pain that does sound like something to check out. Yes, strengthening quads is all well and good, but when your muscles are out of shape trying to go fast with strengthening is counterproductive. Wishing you luck.
 
I'm 16 months post-op most of my pain went away at the 10-month mark. Now if I sit with my knee at a 90* angle when I go to get up it just rubs inside like rubbing against something. There is no pain just sounds weird. Is this normal. During the summer I was able to walk my 10,000 steps with no problem.
 
My pain went away at about 10 months. I have a question about my knee when I sit for a period of time when I go to get up my knee just feels like it is rubbing against something inside. It doesn't cause any pain just makes a noise like it needs to be oiled up. Is this normal with a TKR replacement? I have an appointment for 2-year check up on my TAR this week I'm going to consult him on my knee.

Update on my wife she passed away in March
 
I’m very sorry to hear about your wife. :console2:

Certain sounds are normal after TKR. Some members hear a clicking sound early in recovery. Have you always had this, or did it just start recently?
Here’s an article about the clicking:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/clicking-clunking-knee-joint-after-surgery.13534/

I found that my knee continued to improve even after the 2 year anniversary. That’s great that you don’t have pain and are able to walk all those steps. Maybe with more time this sound will stop. I would think if you had a problem that you would feel pain, or at least some major discomfort.
 
I'm sorry your wife passed. It's certainly a difficult time for you. My TKR recovery has been slow with many ups and downs and weird sensations that move to different parts of my body.

At 10 months I still have a hard time with stairs so I avoid them as much as possible. My quads are still weak so I turn to stone if I stand for a long time, lol.

I have not had a quick and easy recovery, but I
have never had problems sleeping. Thank goodness!

Check with your surgeon, mine does a lot of MRIs to make sure the implant is OK. My surgeon 's assistant told me recently that some people take up to 2 years to fully recover.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom