Guest viewing is limited

THR Pain and Nausea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good that things got moving! I was given the Miralax and stool softeners while in the hospital and was told to keep using them at home as long as I was on an opioid. I thought it was standard procedure for anyone using opioids, since it is well-known that they cause constipation. And that is one more thing we do not need after surgery!
 
Hope you're feeling better today. The first week is the most difficult, so hang in there. I found taking Colace worked wonders. Sending prayers your way.
 
Hope you are finding a way to rest.....and so glad you got things "moving". Glad you found this place; and we're glad we found YOU! Set things at your own pace! Rest well.
 
@EricaC , Krista is right. Take your Miralax daily, and a Dulcolax every time you take a pain pill or until you have your regular BM. Have not had my hip surgery yet, but had TKR 2 years ago. No sense adding insult to injury!
 
Miralax is in my recovery plan, that's for sure! Glad you're home and feeling okay...my journey to recovery begins Monday :yes!:
 
@EricaC glad you ar home! How are you feeling? Good that things got moving. How is your pain? There are some really good suggestions here for keeping the constipation at bay while on pain meds. Definitely going to incorporate some as well.
 
Can anyone suggest the best pain medication without addictive side effects? I am now on oxycet, but it does not really do much. 8 weeks post-op and I still have so much pain!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom