Guest viewing is limited

Packing for Hospital and Rehab Question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda..
not in great shape, desk jocky. go to work.. come home.. play with dogs.. fish on the weekends.. didn't do any exercising before surgery. used to ride horses and play tennis a lot.. stopped riding 14 yrs ago and stopped tennis 5yrs ago..
i have 18 stairs to go up and down to get to my place.. no one home to help.. did rehab for 10 days then insurance company gave me the boot.. would have liked to have stayed longer but, c'est la vie.. had 6 pt visits at home.. one visit from the occupational therapist.. " i deal with the upper body" ummm, my arms are perfectly good thanks... called up company and told them not to send him back again, useless..

after a week at home, i bought a puppy to make me go downstairs..the big dogs can take themselves out but with the puppy i had to take it downstairs and out.

[Bonesmart.org] Packing for Hospital and Rehab Question ?
 
What a cute reason to go outside!!! Our dogs do drive us some of the time. My dog comes into my studio every day at 5:30 and looks hopefully at me---time for his walk!! We walk about 2 miles or so every day.

In the winter, I come home from skiing about 5 pm---and it is getting dark here in Montana. Then, there is Bennie, looking at me so hopefully!! So, out comes the full length down coat and the heavy boots, we go for our walk---even though I am very cold and tired. When I get back home, there is a glass of wine on the porch rail just for me!!!

I have been to my first pre ski conditioning class---one hour of really hard workouts---I can barely sit, my thighs and glutes hurt!!! But, I am so happy that I CAN go to that workout and suffer!!!!!
 
:puppysmooze: Tori, I just love your new puppy ! What's the name ? I know for sure this puppy will keep you in shape !
I just love dog's for the healing comfort they can bring. I have 4 Japanese Chin and 1 Chihuahua that I wish I could bring to Rehab. I think your doing very well being alone without any help. You Rock !!:yay:
 
:dancy: Skigirl, you are my hero ! I can only pray that I can do as much as you do after surgery !:angel:
 
Linda, don't worry----since I am a ski instructor, I have really strong legs---I could lift my leg above my head on the first day. It was lucky that I could because the nurse left the stupid cpm machine on my bed and I had to crawl over it to get to the bathroom!!!
 
puppy is now 4 months old. Skigirl, the one in my thumbnail came from Missoula.

the cpm machine never came off of my bed when i was in the hospital and hardly ever came off in rehab. i pretty much used it 24/7
 
Well, he looks like a nice Montana lad!! I never used the cpm----I could walk up and down the hall on post op day one, so saw no need. the nurses tried to guilt trip me, but when my doc came in--he told them that I already had 90 rom and that the cpm is useless after that!! Yay, they took it off my bed an hour before I went home on day two!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom