Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Out the other side of surgery!

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well, @Monmac . :):yes!::yay:

Looking forward to further progress updates!
 
What a difference a week makes! 9 weeks out and I am beginning to feel normal again. Just to let you know how far I have come with my BTKR, I live in a 3 story house and from the beginning I have insisted I will not sleep downstairs, that I will go upstairs to my own bed at night, and its a decision I am so glad I made. I can now go up and down stairs (about 25 steps) without my crutches, going up is easier for me, and I can do it with alternate legs, coming down is still a one step at a time job. This in itself was great PT for me and I always felt a great achievement when I did it. Today I drove my car for the first time, its a manual transmission so it involves lots of footwork and I'm pleased to say it was a breeze! Meds are at a minimum, I take long acting tramadol at night and one in the morning, thats enough to get me trough the day now. I'm walking unaided around the house, when outside because of the constant rain here, I use one crutch incase I slip. I still get slight swelling if I overdo it and listen to my knees when they protest! I am so relieved to know that my operation and the decision to have a BTKR was the right one for me. Life ahead is looking good, people are saying I look great and I couldn't understand why, my hubby said its because the pain I was in prior to BTKR has gone out of my face! Keep up the good work on Bonesmart. Thank you!
 
What a great report! :yes!::happydance::flwrysmile:

I'm glad you're feeling so much better.

Being able to drive again will give you back your freedom. I remember how great that felt - I drive a manual, too.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom