Guest viewing is limited

THR Operation THR today

Hi @Jackie222 thanks for asking, not great today, day 6, feeling a little fed up being in, only being able to sit or lie on the right side, slight itch (healing) feeling of the wound (ice helps with that). He doesn’t seem to want to eat much, or fancy anything. The sun was out for a bit earlier so he was in the garden with the doggies, and I did hear some giggles (the power of animals- amazing). He’s not sleeping that well, for one reason or another. Hoping each day he will be a bit more himself.
 
It’s very early days in his recovery and it will get easier. Post op blues are very common there’s an article about it at the top of the page. Not sleeping is also very common, he will get back into a normal routine. I always tell myself that sensations in the wound are a sign of healing. Getting out in the fresh air is good for the mind. I’m sure his appetite will come back. Remember to look after yourself as well.
 
Hi @Jules2716
Hoping Josh felt better as the day progressed. Jackie covered all perfectly above. I echo
her sentiment. The only thing I would add is don't underestimate the benefits of icing.
40-60 mins several times a day. Take meds on schedule also.

Try offering protein in the form of snacks if he doesn't have an appetite. See if that works.
Hard Boiled Eggs
Cottage Cheese
Nuts
Cheese and Crackers
Peanut Butter / Celery Sticks
Apple with Peanut Butter
Tuna
Beef Sticks
Protein Bars or Protein Shakes

Take care of yourself too, mom! Hope the rest of the week is great for you both!
 
Hi @Jackie222 and @Hippielife Today he has turned the corner, yesterday wasn’t good, he was quite low, couldn’t get comfy, no matter how he sat or laid down, nights weren’t great as he was up about 4 time for the toilet. Last night he only woke at 6 am for a wee, so today he is nearly the Old Josh! I am really happy, how things change! Yippee :egypdance:
 
Yay for Josh. :yahoo:
Hard to sleep or get comfortable right now. Just lots of ice and naps.
I lived on grapes for a week. All that tasted good. Please remind him all WILL get better!
I'm guessing YOU are the one who is tired.
 
Wonderful news....Go Josh!
This recovery biz can be a bit of a rollercoaster ride.
He's young....I'll bet he does great. Slow and steady he'll find his way back.
Keep updating please, we love hearing of his progress.
A great Thursday to both you and Josh :flwrysmile:
@Jules2716
 
Hi @Layla , @Mojo333 and @Jackie222 , just a quick update on my boy! Clips out today, all looking good, healing really well, although he did pass out at the doctors surgery just after! :scaredycat:A lot more comfortable so another stage of recovery achieved, bring it on!

At home now in the snow, he has been out with Milo (cockapoo not the one in the picture, that’s Maisie) playing snow balls, which has made him smile.

Thank you all for your kind words of support, it’s lovely to have this group at hand through the tough times and hopefully the better times to come. :console2:
 
Hi @Jules2716
It's wonderful to hear of Josh's progress. Good to hear staple removal is behind him and he's back home.
I've read many times the weather has been awful there.
The Beast from the East, or whatever they've named it :heehee:

Please continue to share updates on Josh's progress. We love to hear.
I wish him well as he continues to heal.
Stay safe and warm this weekend!
 
Oh bless him. He’ll feel much better now that the staples are out as he’ll feel more normal. Once mine were out and it was fully healed I got the all clear to massage it with bio oil. I found that it really helped with the initial lumps and bumps.
Glad to hear he was able to get outside with the dog
 
Yay Josh:egypdance:
So glad he is healing well.
Don't envy you as he continues to get well, as he needs to be patient and take it slow even when initially recovery junk eases.
I imagine he has super sore thigh.
Remind him to ice and rest after activity.
Do happy he is doing well, thanks for the update:happydance:
 
@Jules2716 Hi therso glad your son is doing well. I bet you are exauhsted. Do look after yourself as well ! He will soon want to be up and about and doing! Just remind him to take things slowly and carefully for a while as the young can be more impatient than us oldies. Let us know how he gets on and come on here anytime you need support! Cheers Carol
 
Happy One Month Anniversary to Josh!
Hi @Jules2716
Stopping by to see how Josh's recovery is going.
Hope all is well! Shoot us an update when you're able.
We'd love to offer support as he continues to heal.
Wishing ya'll a great weekend!
 
Hey @Layla four weeks post op, proving a challenge, he feel great, wants to get back to college, driving, doing all the normal things an 18 year old should be doing! I am feeling alittle bit over protective as not wanting to let him do anything just yet! Am I being silly? :what: It is only 4 weeks.

He starts physio at the hospital on Friday, hoping they will be able to say where we go from him. Not back with the surgeon until 9th April. Should he wait until then to resume college etc? Any advice truly welcome. Thank you all for being here. :eyebrows:
 
Hi @Jules2716
Wondering how Josh is doing on this eve of his two month anniversary?
Hopefully he's still feeling great. I understand being overprotective.
You love him and want him safe. This was a major surgery after all.
Wondering if he's driving yet and back to college? Also curious how the visit with the surgeon went on the 9th?

Hopefully all is progressing as it should. We'd love to hear an update when you have time.
A great week to both you and Josh!
 
Hey @Layla, all good, can’t believe we have our boy back! No pain, no crutches, no pain meds, back at college this week, they didn’t know who he was, all they have known is him on crutches! It was lovely to see. Surgeon was very happy, a little surprised I think.

I am sooooo thankful for all your help and support from this group, that bit of light at the end of the tunnel,when times are looking sooooo dark, you guys are there, thank you again, and to anyone going through a THR, people are here for you!
 
So so happy Josh is back and so happy for you too.
Thanks for the update.
Bionic hips are life changing.
 
Yay for no pain :yay: :happydance: It's the best!
I'm so happy Josh has jumped back into life. As his mom you have to be overjoyed.
Thank you for your kind words in regard to the BoneSmart forum. It's much appreciated.
Many blessings to you, Josh and family!
@Jules2716
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom