TKR One Year Post-op

OMG that's terrible!

I would report him to the licensing board and never let him touch me again.

I hope you're icing like crazy.
 
Anyway, yesterday he put my knee to one side,bent, off the table and put his weight on it
That is really really not acceptable. This person does not understand knee surgery.
You need to find someone else.
 
Since my chiropractor visit my knee seems to be getting worse daily. I’m elevating and icing and have cut back on my PT. I probably won’t do any PT over the weekend and am thinking about calling my Dr if I’m not better by Monday. It doesn’t hurt but it did pop 3 times this morning when I was trying to ride my bicycle. Now it’s really swelling. I really hope nothing is wrong, I was doing so well.
 
I think if it was me I’d check in with my surgeon, for reassurance. I’m sorry this happened to you.
 
I talked to my neighbor/friend who is a retired PA. I think that what I have is like an aggressive PT and I just need to ice, elevate and back off the PT for a few days.
I think I’ll be ok, it just kind of slowed my progress down.
 
That chiropractor had no business even touching your knee, much less manipulating it. I would report him and tell about the problems you are now experiencing. I'm so glad you found someone else. I pray the ice, elevation, and rest will reduce that swelling.
 
Today is my 5 month anniversary and I guess I’m still struggling. I try to always look on the bright side but this has made it really hard. My knee is still stiff and my ROM is not real good either. Hopefully things will get better!
 
I had a very difficult first year, but my ROM improved a lot all through my second year, as my whole leg continued to relax and heal.
 
These middle months can be an awful slog for some of our members.

Have you checked in with your ortho team since your terrible chiro appt and the popping on your bike? I'd hate to think you're still stuck because of an ongoing soft tissue issue that your ortho might address.

I know you have plenty of important milestones ahead as the slow healing continues.
 
These middle months can be an awful slog for some of our members.

Have you checked in with your ortho team since your terrible chiro appt and the popping on your bike? I'd hate to think you're still stuck because of an ongoing soft tissue issue that your ortho might address.

I know you have plenty of important milestones ahead as the slow healing continues.
I haven’t been to the Dr since my chiropractor incident. I think he did do some soft tissue damage that may still be healing and holding me back from making progress. I put a tens unit on it yesterday and that seemed to help. I’ve worked so hard and just seem to be spinning my wheels right now
We’re finally taking the trip next week that started this thread. Maybe a change of environment for a few days will help! @mendogal
 
Hi @Maggie M--I'm about a month ahead of you and can really relate to what you're worried about--I have felt like I was going backwards but I think I have underestimated the time that it takes after any setback ( overdoing it, small injuries etc) to get back to normal. For me the killer is lots of standing and I have had two instances--one at a museum and one shopping, that have really set me back to the point where my doctor sent me in to have blood tests to reassure me that all is well. The causes of the pain and stiffness were such big " nothings" that it seemed like the setback came for no reason at all, but I think I have finally figured it out. Your trauma with the chiropractor may take a while more to resolve. Just wanted to provide some company to your misery--hope things start to look up for you!
 
We’re finally taking the trip next week that started this thread.
Is this the motorhome vacay, Maggie? If so, I wish you safe travels and an enjoyable trip. Bright sunny days, comfortable temps and NO ROAD CONSTRUCTION! That's a big ask given "tis the season"
at least for us Northerner's. :wink:
Enjoy! :SUNsmile:
 
Thank you @AnnYo for your support! I was unable to finish walking my mile today because of knee pain. I suspect I did too much over the weekend, it’s really hard to know when to stop sometimes. I do have a call in to the Dr but they’re never in a hurry to get back to you. I hope I can get this figured out!
 
@Layla Yes; this is the motorhome trip we planned earlier. We’re looking forward to getting away for a while. I’m a southerner and it’s ALWAYS construction season down here!:loll:
 
These middle months can be an awful slog for some of our members.

Have you checked in with your ortho team since your terrible chiro appt and the popping on your bike? I'd hate to think you're still stuck because of an ongoing soft tissue issue that your ortho might address.

I know you have plenty of important milestones ahead as the slow healing continues.

@mendogal I did see my ortho PA today. They did X-Rays and nothing is wrong with my implant. He thinks I probably have some damaged soft tissue that just has to heal. As far as my ROM goes, he echoed everything y’all say on here, that some people heal faster than others and it could take a year or more for me to completely heal. He wasn’t concerned at all with my progress, just told me basically to keep doing what I’m doing!
I can’t figure out how to quote just a piece of a post, lol
 
I can’t figure out how to quote just a piece of a post, lol
When you want to reply, rather than quoting the whole message, just go down to the reply box and type your reply. No need to quote, especially if you are replying to the post directly above your reply. You can also mention the member you want to address by using the @ sign in front of their username (no space) and type your reply. Not quoting whole messages saves a lot of space on the page, and also saves duplicate reading.

If you want to quote just a line in a post, highlight that line.

At the bottom of the post you will see:

Like/ +Quote/ Quote this message.

Click the +Quote

When you get to the reply box, you will see where it says “insert quotes” Click that and it will put your highlighted area into your reply.

Happy Posting! :flwrysmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom