I was reading thru, your postings, I think the talk began around the same time period of yours or maybe even earlier about my needing a MUA, all it did was stress me out. When your trying your hardest to achieve what's being asked but it just doesn't happen. I finally got fed up and said wasn't interested at this time to have a MUA, I was happy where I was at.
People who are recovering just don't need this extra stress, weeks after the initial talk of MUA I was still seeing progress ahead, and still now at 8 Months out. I don't regret saying I wasn't interested, think my extra pushing in the beginning only led to to other issues down the road for me in my recovery.
Swelling, it's been said on here before it's like a rubber hose full of fluid, it can't be bent, but once the swelling goes down you able to bend the joint so much easier. Icing and elevation, and pain medication can help move you ahead better than p/t and forcing your knee to bend. I had my husband help me in the beginning also under the advice from p/t,
I can't say that any of that extra pushing to achieve a better ROM worked at all for me. I see no reason why you can't wait for a while and then make a decision at that point if MUA is needed or not.
To early my thoughts for a decision to have to be made yet at this time. I consider myself one of those that is still seeing improvements yet at 8 months and still wouldn't consider myself a 100% healed or to the point where I still won't continue to see additional improvements.