TKR On the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're walking with a limp you should probably still be using your cane until that limp is gone. There's nothing wrong with using it and it will actually help your gait as well as the pain.

So good to hear you are improving! Is your limp due to pain, range of motion, or other reason? I'm sure you will continue to improve! Keep in touch!

I will absolutely improve. My pain is due to stiffness and swelling. It is a very slow process, but I can honestly say my pain now is healing pain, before surgery was my knee was done!!

@LRKO using a cane in the first three month or longer is fine. This is a long recovery as RMasano can attest, the pain will lessen. But learning to walk correctly after walking in pain for so long can take a while. Also, some have trouble with balance and need a cane to help with that.

It certainly is a very slow process! I also use my cane in unfamiliar territory, rain and distance to name a few so don't worry about using it. I have pt once a week and gentle stretches to do in between. I am gaining about 5 degrees of flexion per week so definitely slow but sure. I think as long as you are going forwards that's the main thing and it sounds like you are.

So good to see your post and that you are moving along!! Yes, I was using @Red's Mom slogan of "a marathon at a turtle's pace" but as I told her, I've been seeing some fast moving turtles on Facebook lately, so I've changed my saying to "a marathon at a snail's pace" (kinda like losing weight!).

I too use my cane for all of the reasons @DebM mentioned above. I also sometimes carry it with me "just in case" (like when I go to the gym pool - may not need it going in, but I might when going out). It's nice to read that you used your cane as long as you did @KarriB (from another thread, 5 months I think you said) and that we should use it until we are walking "normal". Yes, inside the house, it is freedom when I'm not using it, but I'm okay using it outside. And as others have mentioned, it lets those around you be more cautious!

Glad to see your post. Keep up the good recovery!! You're doing great! (oh, and I still have swelling and stiffness, I think that's part of the territory)

I still keep a cane in the car and use it when I swim at the YMCA, the tile flooring is slippery and I can see myself spread across the wet slippery floor!

I have probably been overdoing it, but I suddenly feel the like tinman. Hearing the clicking in my knee.

Oh my...is that normal? Does it hurt when it clicks?

I get clicking first thing in the morning when I am coming downstairs. It doesn't hurt at all and stops once I have been moving for a little bit.

I get a noise from the outer edge of the knee, usually going up stairs. I wasn't sure if it's the mechanics or a tendon or something. No pain. I also think, during the night, when I have less swelling, the parts inside move more when I move (roll over, etc). It's all just weird isn't it?!

@LindaO yes, it's all normal

No pain at all. Just clicking. I have to emphasize, much better than before surgery, but it seems just part of healing.

So what fun have you been doing to over do it? How do you feel about your flexion and straightening? At this point I figured no news is good news from you meaning you are out living life!

Clicking is normal. Celle has one noisy knee and one quiet knee.

I'm in the clunky club! Weird but not painful and "perfectly normal" per my OS. I think sometimes Red feels it too and his R ear twitches backwards. Overall how goes it?

I had clicking also around the 3 month range. 5 months now and no clicking. Still feels tight. Blocky sometimes. Have glimpses of "normalness". Keep on keeping on!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads