Hi @Kimmer, I'm fine and glad to be on the other side at last! Going to try and set up my post-op thread now! Thanks for your concern, you sound like you're getting there!
Oh, the pleasure of side sleeping! I was so desperate for it the first week after surgery that I would laboriously turn myself, wrestling with the body pillows, grunting and yelping with each twinge, only to get a few minutes of relief before it felt like the inner layers of muscle below my incision were going to rip apart. With an anterior procedure, there wasn't really anything to tear, but my abused muscles protested being stretched, even with my affected leg fully supported.
Now, at 18 days post-op, I can finally sleep comfortably on my left side. [emoji304] Like @CynthiaM says, celebrate the small victories!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.