Guest viewing is limited

TKR Numb & Painful Foot

I'm so sorry you are still having the pain and numbness. I had both of my knees done 4 months apart. With the first one, done Oct of 2018, I woke up with tingling in my foot. It feels like when your foot is asleep all of the time! I still have it a year later...no answers for me either and no one knows if it will ever get better. So frustrating! I was so nervous about having the second knee done after that experience with the first, but it was not a problem at all with the second one. That one is coming up on a year out next month. Prayers that you find answers and hopefully a solution!
 
Update on my 2nd TKR. My surgeon took some extra precautions to try and prevent neuropathy of the second foot. He didn't use a tourniquet during the procedure & the first 2 days he kept a pillow under my knee. It was a success. No neuropathy! Surgery went well & at 6 1/2 weeks my only complaint is I feel as if I should be straightening it more. I'm at 2 degrees straightening & 117 bending. I wonder if the pillow under the knee slowed the progression of straightening. I finished my in home PT yesterday & have decided not to go for outpatient PT, its too damn cold out!!
 
2 degrees is practically straight, it will improve as you heal. Many of us did not regain extension as soon as yours did. You’re coming along fine.

Isn’t it great when our doctors actually listen to us and takes steps to make our experience better, which yours did.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom