Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nov 18th TKR & Peroneal Nerve Decompression..recovery road

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could take pain meds on a scheduled basis but they make me so sick that I have to always take Phenergen first which basically conks me out. So I'm happy that 800mg ibuprofen seems to be enough to carry me through the day. Nighttime is a totally different story!!

Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory but it is really not a very good pain reliever. You do ned somethign more effective, for regular pain relief.

Can you ask you doctor for some medication that will stop the vomiting? I have the same problem with narcotics adn my doctor prescribes Zofran or Maxalon, to be taken routinely, along with the pain relievers.

Also, don't take your pills on an empty stomach. Have some crackers beside you and eat a couple of those with the pills.
 
Can you ask you doctor for some medication that will stop the vomiting? I have the same problem with narcotics adn my doctor prescribes Zofran or Maxalon, to be taken routinely, along with the pain relievers.

Also, don't take your pills on an empty stomach. Have some crackers beside you and eat a couple of those with the pills.

Zofran was prescribed but doesn't seem to work well with me. So I have to use Promethazine/Phenergen which makes me super sleepy. So I just take the pain meds at night. If I breakthrough during the day before noon I use tramadol which totally wires me. Always with food or I'll vomit.

I'm excited about my progress! I'm no longer too concerned about a nickel allergy. Nor am I concerned about being tired since it's seems it's commonplace. But I am a bit bored!!!
 
Tiredness is part of this journey. Your body is using most of its energy to heal your knee and there's not much left for other activities.

Boredom and cabin fever come along for the ride, too. Can you watch movies or TV programmes? Just give in to the tiredness and lie around. It's what your body needs right now. This, too shall pass!
 
I so wish I could watch TV! I'm one of those strange birds who cannot stay tuned into a show for long! But I guess I could channel surf!!
 
How did the driving go?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom