TKR Not Again

Thank you Sisterpat, its just quite worrying hopeing pains go soon:wink:
 
I had mine done on 9th March, and as Sisterpat said, have a new pain in a new place on one or the other of them almost daily! I think it depends on which ligament or muscle gets inadvertently strained with the increase in level and variation of activity as we progress. Yesterday evening I even had a few really powerful “zingers “,which I haven’t had for about 10 weeks, gone today fortunately.
 
I started to sleep decently at week 10. I would wake up with pain at least twice a night--not severe but enough to wake me up. I would walk around the house and/or ice the knee to reduce the pain. Good solutions but often it was challenging to fall back to sleep. I found it puzzling because my pain during the day was insignificant. My OS said my experience was very common and that eventually my nighttime difficulties would subside. Thank goodness, he ended up being right. I hope others experiencing the same problems are at least reassured somewhat that this too shall pass.
 
Thanks, netrusher! That gives everyone hope!
 
Hi all, still pain on side and back of knee, also when i walk it feels like its mooving and makes a noise very weird. Has anyone experienced this. 11 weeks now.
 
11 weeks out of 52...less than 1/4 of the way there :hissy: ! Still having pain in both knees (done before yours). Not unusual. Noises are very common for a while. Try not to worry.
 
Thank you very much Sisterpat, I am a terrible worrier. It makes me feel better knowing that this is something that people experience as it it realy hard things just keep cropping up and its hard to know what to think. Its great to be able to ask about concerns on Bonesmart. Thank you all :happydance:
 
Dear AWeeScot,

I think lots of us worry with our first TKR type of surgery: it's all so new! It took me a long time to get a full night sleep after my first operation, probably not until 5-6 months in and maybe longer, but I wasn't keeping track! So, your worries are fairly normal, I think, since no one really tells you what to expect..after all, the doctors haven't been through the experience themselves.

This time I'm not sleeping through the night yet, but I wasn't before surgery either, so I try to take little cat-naps if I can during the day, or I got to bed a bit early to get a few extra winks of sleep.

I also have some odd, here again then gone pains, too, and sometimes they feel like nerve aches, a little different than muscle aches, so there is a magnesium gel a massage therapist told me about so I use that when those odd, nervy pains show up. That seems to quiet them down, as perhaps the magnesium imbalance in the body triggers such pains? I'm not sure why it works, but I'm glad it does!

I hope you get some better rest, night by night, that it improves....
 
Hi Aweescot i had my Right medial P.K.R just a few days after your op 19 April 2021. Very similar place as you are only yesterday i twisted and certain way and my knee rebelled big time. rest and ice is key.
I am a major worrier and analyse everything but i guess we have to be patient and let our knees heal in there own time. Sleeping can be tough i am only just now sleeping thorough but not all the time as my head will not stop worrying, this forum helps a lot.
 
Thank you BBCG and Ginger1210. Great to hear about other Bone smart people it realy helps and makes things easier. I got some panadine fort from Dr which has been helping me get some sleep. Knee seems to be easing a little and tightness isnt just as bad thank god.:yahoo:
 
Hi all at last things seem to be getting much better, getting sleep at last and knee feels much better it has taken 15 weeks. Now at last i can say im glad i got it done. Have my check up on 23rd of this month. Thank you to all the bone smart people moderators and advisors for all their help and encouragement. Best wishes to all and hope everyone gets well soon:egypdance::egypdance::ok:
 
Hi all had my 4 month check up on 25th all was well, still get an odd twinge every now and again. Its nice to feel like you are now one the way at last. Thank you all for your help and guidance through this trying time. :wave::egypdance:
 
Hi can you change from not sleeping to Not Again. Just cant believe it just walking back from paddock to house and pain in other knee could hardly walk, it had been a bit soar for a few days had been doing a bit of gardening. Have had to get walking stick out and ice knee hope its not a torn meniscus in this other knee. Its 4 months and my operated knee is good, dont want to go through it all again with this knee. Will have to get an apt for an xray, it never rains but it pours.:dubious::shocked:
 
Many of us have found that our old, natural knees will get angry once in a while. They should be treated the same way as the TKR knee. Hopefully, yours will calm down quickly.
 
I'm 12 weeks post-op and still don't sleep through the night. I'm okay until about 2am, then go get an ice pack, then I'm awake. It's better than waking 4 or 5 times like before, but it would be nice to have 6 hours anyway. I figure it will happen. . .
 
Thank you Sistersinhim, have a Dr apt for this afternoon will just ask for an xray, Hi Atkinson Im 4 months and still have some trouble sleeping. I sent for some 21st Century Melatonin prolonged release 10 mg from I Herb in America as we can only get 2mg in Australia. Started it last night hopefuly it will work:bawl:
 
Let us know how you make out with the doc. And with the melatonin. Adding magnesium to the night supplements helped me.
 
Hi Sisterpat, Dr sent me for xrays came back mild athritice. Cant get an apt for Orthapedic surgeon till January. Have an apt with the orthapedics sports and exercise physicain on 2 November thats the earliest apt. Just have to hope it starts to get a bit better. Melatonin has helped a bit got 5 hours hopefuly it will get better especialy if this other knee stops being sore.:bawl::beg:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom