JojoFitness
junior member
- Joined
- Apr 19, 2022
- Messages
- 80
- Age
- 74
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Great explanation - thank you, Samsrf! Makes sense, and happy I can do all those things. I do still have discomfort on the medial side of my knee. And my right shin looks darker than the other leg, so is probably still bruised too. Ugh, glad I'll see the surgeon for the second time on Monday.@JojoFitness I tend to “nerd out” on things so I have a goniometer (tool PT uses to measure angles) It Is pretty straightforward but I can’t use it on myself so (it’s hard to tell if it’s lined up for right) I judge ROM by are my feet parallel when I sit in a chair (surgical leg not kicked out but equal to normal leg), Is my bike seat where is was prior to surgery (somewhere between 110 and 120 degrees of flexion) can I bend my leg while standing and putting a sock or shoe on, am I using both legs when rising from a seated position (not favoring surgical leg- strength) can I walk DOWN stairs (getting better- also use this for a quad stretch as that seems to be primary thing keeping flexion from happening) I am super goal oriented and love “numbers” but It took a couple of months to realize I really don’t care what “the number” is - it is all about being able to move & do the things I want to. Everyday a millimeter closer.
