Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

No, I was sedated. I highly recommend it. I haven't had that awful after GA throwing up! The local knee block is still keeping me numb. 2 bad it won't last 4ever! The longer I am able 2 stay off the pain meds, the better.
 
Congrats on the surgery! My block started to wear off around day 2, and day 3 was the most painful for me. But I was still able to do PT and they kept me pretty comfortable with pain meds, so it wasn't too bad! Hope recovery is quick and as pain-free as possible for you!
 
Glad you are good. I am 48 hrs out and home doing great pain management good.
Not near as bad as I feared.
 
This makes me so happy, Paula! Good for you. Now don't forget to be careful about overdoing it! It sounds like you're really movin'. I hope your recovery goes smoothly.
 
I'm happy that you did well with your surgery and now you're on your way to no more arthritis pain in that knee. It only gets better from here.
 
Good to see you are out of surgery and doing well
I'm having same as you. Spinal block with sedation.


49 year old
Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14
Meniscus tear repair 1 March 13
Scheduled for BTKR in 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good for you! Sleep as much as you can at this point.
 
I'm just taking my pain medicine for the first time now. I have had some anti-nausea medicine. I pray it works! Sleep is elusive. Haven't had a wink and still Wide Awake. Only got 3 hours sleep last night. It's bound to hit me sooner or later.

Thank you all for your best wishes and prayers.
 
Healing thoughts going out to you tonight Paula. Will pray that you are able to sleep soon~! Don't be shy about taking those pain meds- I asked for mine on schedule whether I needed them or not- lol! We're all here for you!
 
I'm glad your surgery went well. I pray you got some rest and that the pain medicines don't make you sick.
 
I'm so glad everything is over and glad to hear you're doing great! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
 
I got to sleep for about 2 hours. Everything helps! Just had to take another pain pill. So far so good! Going to pull out my Kindle and try to get some more sleep after reading. That's normally a good sleeping pill for me. Thank you ladies for all your prayers. They are helping!
 
I hope you were able to get a little more sleep. That's what is best is to sleep whenever you can.
 
I got about an hour more sleep. And the knee block has worn off. Ouch, I'm going to have to increase the pain medicine. I have OT and PT today and I don't feel like moving. If only I could have slept more. Don't know yet if I'm going home today, it depends on how it goes.
 
Make sure you have pain mess sorted out before you go. Once you leave the hospital it's a hassle to get right prescriptions.
 
Ok seems you are on the way to working thru the pain, to the ultimate goal of living without the pain.

Keep healing and day by day, I wish good sleep for you.
 
Good afternoon. Couldn't walk much this morning because of being light-headed. I did better this afternoon and did the steps and walked about 100 feet. Flex and extension is 79/10. My swelling is huge, so they will improve when it goes down. Just had my pain meds and I'm hoping to get some sleep. Still having a problem sleeping. I hope all is going well with my fellow bonesmarties.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom