Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

That's where the OS wired my patella tendon back together after it was shortened during the patellectomy. My OS saw it during my tkr and was able the remove a small broken off piece. He said the rest of it is too embedded and would cause too much damage to go after it. My left patella tendon was sown back together. I wish this one was.

@traceys, you are so sweet. I gladly accept your hug and I'm hugging you right back! How are you feeling today? I've been praying for you along with many others!

@Josephine, I thank you for taking time out later to check these out for me! I saw some dark places and it scared me!

Oh yeah, I was told to ice again, too, so back into the freezer the ice packs went!
 
Last edited:
i can see that "wire" on both the AP and the lateral full-knee views.
 
I wonder if something to do with that wire is causing your pain. Maybe it has shifted? When was it put in?

I wonder if, at this point in time after being so disgusted with my poor outcome, if I would have insisted on seeing the surgeon. It makes me so mad that you only saw a PA. :blackcloud:
 
That wire was done in 1993. The pain isn't anywhere near there. The doctor that did another scope in 2005 said the wire was embedded and not causing any problems. Dr. Hull saw it during my tkr and said it wouldn't cause any problems. The wire is mostly up near the top of my knee area. My pain is medial, center and lower where the stem goes into the bone. Of course, the back of the knee is uncomfortable, too, but none of this is near the wire area. The wire has never caused any pain that I'm aware of.
 
Ok, I guess it just looks like it ought to hurt!

Do you think you have a Baker’s Cyst?
 
It looks like that wire would hurt like crazy, but thank God, it hasn't and doesn't! I do think I have a small Baker's Cyst. At times it hurts worse than other times. I think it fills with fluid and then drains out every so often. The back of my knee has hurt off and on for about a year. The PA said to ice it, but it isn't bad today. It's hard to ice when it's so cold!
 
Boy, did I have a bad night last night. If I laid on my left side, my left hip started hurting. If I laid on my right, my tkr knee started hurting. This went on all night. I've given in and taken a Diclofenac. I gotta get this under control. I think what caused all this new pain was I was up and down a ladder yesterday working on my weather station outside. With the deep freeze coming I had to make sure it was in good working condition. That ladder must have inflamed my already inflamed tissues.

I've decided to try the ultrasound. I guess I have to play the game, so I might as well get started on it. I'm still bummed out on my 'treatment' yesterday.
 
I left a message with the PA asking to mail me an order for an ultrasound and for a metal allergy test. I haven't heard back yet. I bet they won't mail them. I'm not planning on driving over 2 hours total to get two pieces of paper!
 
Try to speak with your OS on the phone. I would think he owes you at least that.

Do you have a patient portal like some offices do?
 
No, they don't. I just checked. I thought they did, but I must have been thinking about another group. They need to get with the times!

The Diclofenac has already helped my knee some! Tonight will be the test! Why do these knees have to wake us up at night?!
 
Last edited:
What does Diclofenac do for you? Is it oral or topical?
 
@sistersinhim I'm so sorry you're having this trouble. I hope you're able to have the ultrasound and that it helps you. At the very least it should not cause you further pain. I am thinking of you.
 
Thank you, grandma chris! We'll see if the ultrasound helps or not. My doctor's PA called and said they'd mail the order to me. But, they would not order a metal allergy test, for me to go to an allergist. I'll try my PCP. I asked them before and they said no, but I'll keep at them. It makes no sense why no doctor wants to order it!

@Jockette, Diclofenac is a strong oral anti-inflammatory. The topical was what Walmart said would be $96.50 after what my insurance paid. Josephine doesn't think much of it, but I thought if it was $20 or under, I try it. But, not now! That's way to much to take a chance on it not working! I'll use something over the counter! I used to like Tiger Balm and haven't tried it since my tkr. Right now it's just trial and error.
 
Last edited:
I think what caused all this new pain was I was up and down a ladder yesterday working on my weather station outside.
Oh PAULA! Of course that would be the cause!

But can I ask you one more time to show me where your pain is now?

[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience
 
The hip pain is the same thing I've been dealing with for months, the tendonitis. My most painful areas on the knee are: CRF2, DRF2 and the upper shin bone where the separation line is at D right in the middle of RF1 and RF2. I hope I have explained this OK. The pain at night that wakes me up is CRF2 and DRF2. I have no pain when walking or sitting. Shifting my foot or knee either inward or outward while sitting is painful. The bad part is it's waking me up frequently at night.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom