• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

@Valentine thanks for checking in on me! Tired and not back to where I was but I did get outside quite a bit. I even pulled a few weeds, bending over with bent knees. When I hurt it was feels more like a burn to me so I would say today is like a slow burn!

@Nini I’m so glad you got outside. That’s always good medicine. I get the burns some, too. I think you ate a few weeks further along than me, but we are getting further past it!Hang in there

Monday was my 16 week mark. The day started out with me being gimpy and thinking it wasn’t going to be a good day but then this happened!

Big day for me! I drove into Cadillac the bigger town near me, by myself which is the second time But!!! This time I actually got out and went into a store by myself! First time since December! And then I came home and hung out a load of clothes! First time in two years! I’m singing “I believe in Miracles!

Also I had been laying down at least once a day. In the last 6 days I’ve only done that 2 days!

These are all milestones for me! I’m still having pain in the cheek and down my leg but this is mostly when sitting. (Especially in my car). But it is less and I’m enjoying life again! Still not doing any gardening yet but I think this will come. I’m planning on going to a T ball game this weekend and out to breakfast for Mothers Day. Things I could not have done a month ago. Oh and yes! I did get those darn legs shaved! At least good enough for me!

Great update, @Nini ! So glad to read that you are getting out and enjoying life again. :flwrysmile:

Week 17 Month 4. I had my 4 month follow up yesterday. I guess I’m doing well considering I have two annoying spots that are still giving me considerable grief. Some days enough to make me limp and not want to do anything. I was really expecting (and hoping) to have a diagnosis of bursa and a cortisone shot would send me in my merry way. Not the case. He said no bursa he was not giving me a shot and not to allow anyone else to I’m just still healing. He feels it’s slow because of the arthritis in my back and the pain from the other hip. Suggested I get the other hip fixed and strengthen my core muscles for the back arthritis.

I’m sorry but I came home and cried. I was just so discouraged after having pain for so long. I actually did call them back today to reassure my self that he did say I eventually would be better.

Today I’m trying to be more positive. And yes I have been aware of needing the other hip done. That will hopefully take place this fall but not with the same surgeon because I had a bad time at the center that he uses.

Just noticed your thoughtful anniversary wish to a BoneSmart buddy and see it’s an anniversary for you also.
Happy Four Month Anniversary, Nini!
Have a wonderful Thursday and weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Nini

@Layla thank you! Trying to be more positive today than my pity party post yesterday! I have 7200 steps in and one 17 minute walk and one 22. And many prayers! Hoping by Five months to be even better on a consistent basis!

I’m sure it’s difficult since you need your other hip replaced. Pity Party’s are certainly allowed here and please keep in mind that you’re only four months into a recovery that lasts a full year for most and even longer for some. Progress will come, slowly but surely. Hang in there and know we’re here for you always. :friends:
@Nini

Not unusual to have a good cry during recovery! Hang in there I know you don't want to hear that you are early in recovery but you are & some of us take a little longer.

I have a question! Again! Is it common or ok to be having some groin pain at 17 weeks?

Hi Nini,
You can still have pain and swelling at this point. It’s not unusual. Wondering if you recall doing anything that may have caused it? Exercising, new or prolonged activity? It is likely aggravated soft tissue and rest, icing and OTC meds will hopefully bring speedy relief. If the pain increases in frequency / intensity and you’re unable to relate it to any activity, check in with your OS’s care team for reassurance and peace of mind.
I hope your weekend is a good one!
@Nini

@Layla I was kinda thinking the same thing. About the moving more. It’s still nice to have scrimmaging though! I’ve been bending more, my legs are truly appreciative of getting a good rundown! They were looking a little lizardly! And while I’ve been getting steps in it’s been throughout the day. Now I’m trying to do a block of at least 15 minutes a day. Thank you! You have a great weekend as well! Life is for the living and that’s what I’m trying to do!

Question. I had to wo really good days and then today! Ugh. My question is on those two really good days I did alot more stepping and made sure I had 15 plus minutes of movement. Do you think I would be better off just doing normal things around the house instead of pushing myself? These painful days are hard on my mindset! @Layla @myglasshalffull

Try it!
Engage in the normal activities of daily living and take a daily walk!
The best therapy for recovery is walking, but not to excess. Start slowly increasing time and distance incrementally in an effort not to overdo it. See if you notice a difference.
@Nini

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties