TKR Night time knee fireworks!

Redr, been meaning to ask if you don’t mind, you are awfully young for a TKR. Was it the result of an injury, or are you one of those unfortunate souls that gets the arthritis early on. Feel bad you have to go thru this at such a young age. On bright side you will probably heal a bit faster than us old folks. If I am getting to personal just say so ,and I apologize .
 
No need to apologise, unfortunately I have an auto immune disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis. It's an inflammatory disease causing inflammation all over the body. I used to lose power in one or both legs but luckily with a diagnosis(which took ten years) I self inject and it keeps it at bay. So yep, I'm unfortunate
 
On bright side you will probably heal a bit faster than us old folks.
Each body has its own healing rate and when it comes to TKR, age does not factor in. The knee will take as long as it takes, whether you are 18 or 80, as Celle often says. There are plenty of older members who do very well and plenty of younger ones who struggle.
 
Hi everyone, I hope you are well.

Has anyone tried acupuncture in regard to ROM after TKR? I'm at 5 weeks post Op and at 60°. My PT doesn't think my surgeon will be happy for my 6 week check up!

Regards

R
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom