THR Newstart70 from 3 pins to new hip

Hello. Look at you passing the one month mark! Sounds like you are doing very well. I am heeding all advise here and from my OS. As much as I am longing to walk outside I am following all instructions and waiting for a green light. I miss my expanded world. Thanks for checking in. ❤️

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well and noticing steady progress.
Hopefully you're driving by now and PT is going well. With any luck you had a great follow up visit with your OS as well. Leave us an update next time you stop by. Your progress interests us and is inspirational to those following behind you.
I hope you have a beautiful Spring!
@Newstart70

Thankyou @Layla. Things are going well. In BC, when you have a total RIGHT hip replacement, you aren't allowed to drive until the orthopedic surgeon gives you clearance at the 3 month mark. I think I am ready, but if you are in an accident, the insurer will not cover it, even it it is the other person's fault. My appointment for that is June 10th. I can't wait.
My PT is going fine, and I am still pain free. I have been very fortunate in the recovery period, but I know that the area is not yet completely healed. I can walk without a cane, but not for long distances yet. I bought hiking poles to use when I start walking more outdoors.
Our spring has been beautiful. I love this time of year. Happy Spring to you!!!!

Thanks for the update. It was very nice to hear from you. I'll bet you're counting down the days until you can drive again :driver: it's so great to have that independence back. It's good to hear you're pain free and enjoying progress with the cane. I'm sure you'll be walking unassisted in no time. Stay in touch.
Hugs :loveshwr:
@Newstart70

Happy 2 month Anniversary!! I wondered how you were doing. Hope you get cleared soon to drive. Sounds like you are getting around really well. Take care!

:hi: and great to hear the encouraging update.
Lots of good things are coming your way!
Onward and upward @Newstart70 :happydance:

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well. You'll have to let us know how your appt goes on Monday.
I'll bet you get the green light to :driver: drive! Fingers crossed for you :fingersx:
Have a great weekend!
@Newstart70

@Newstart70 Went looking for an update on my pinning buddy. Hope your 3 month check went well and that you were given green light to drive! Let us know how you are progressing. :console2:

Thank you @Layla and @Fit4Family I see my OS on Monday. They do a follow up xray, just to make sure all is good. I am feeling great, and almost normal again. It certainly didn't happen overnight, but slowly over time.
My OS is on the conservative side, and doesn't ok driving until 3 month post surgery WHEN it is your right hip.
I have no pain or discomfort, and the only thing I am very careful about is falling again.
I have to say again....this site and the people on it are so helpful. I continue to read the information on the site and the experiences that others post.

So glad you are doing well and happy three month Hipversary:dancy::dancy::dancy:

Lots of improvement to come...and some much anticipated freedom:driver:

Hope your weekend is sweet @Newstart70 :SUNsmile:

Four months is even better than three!
You've done splendidly...do give yourself a hug:friends:

:wave:Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you had a nice 4th of July and you're enjoying the weekend.
Let us know how you're doing next time you stop by the forum.
We'd love to hear of your continued progress.
Wishing you a wonderful Summer! :SUNsmile: :flwrysmile:
@Newstart70

@Layla thank you for checking in. I feel great, and back to my regular walking and swimming. I like cycling, but will stick to the stationery bike. The OS said the joint is healing well, and I don't return until my 1 year post surgery mark. I have no pain, and I am feeling good. What more could I ask?
Thanks for checking in, and enjoy your summer!!!!

So happy to see you pop up in the feed today @Newstart70

What a wonderful report for 4 months out!! Thrilled for you. Cycling is my favorite too. Definitely stationary, but it helps my hip motions feel more fluid. Hope you will check in from time to time. Have enjoyed sharing the journey with you. Best wishes! ❤️

:goodpost: Great to hear you're hip pain free...
Well done double hippy!:happydance:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back