THR Newbie already on the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I soo get the boots thing, good for you. Feels a bit like your old self again. I look at my way too extensive shoe collection every day as I reach for my usual fat pants and runners and wonder if I'll ever wear them again. I know I shouldn't have worn them before but how do you say no to gorgeous boots and pumps with straps and heels, as long as you can take them off under a table most of the night when you're out? My back to normal milestone was the skinny jeans. Finally got my leg in on week seven, just in time for one Christmas party. I bet I looked stupid waddling around, but I felt a little bit like my former self. Back to lycra ever since..... Congrats on graduating from the shots!
 
Celebrating getting rid of TED stockings. :happydance:Now just need tons of moisturiser cos skin is so dry.Not walking outside as much as I wanted cos of snow and ice. Don't want to risk a fall and damage new hip. Making do with going up and down stairs as much as I can.
 
Woohoo Barbara you must be a happy bunny today :yay: It is the best feeling getting rid of those Teds and yes ya legs need a lot of moisturiser afterwards. It's definitely unwise to venture outside at the minute, the paths are trecherous around here. It's nice to be warmly tucked indoors when it's like this and much much safer :) I am being very careful when outside, don't want any slip ups.

Take care

Ann
 
Just been for post op check at hospital. They are happy with my progress and said not to stress about not getting out doors to walk because of the bad weather. They said wait another month before contacting surgeons secretary to get left THR scheduled. I suppose I should put that one in a pre op thread? I managed to put tights on for the first time post op:happydance:
It's not an easy feat still observing restrictions. Another little milestone in recovery.:kittykiss:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Newbie already on the other side!
those little milestones are so uplifting!!! Help us realize that we are truly getting better. And putting on tights without breaking restrictions is some feat---

Keep up the good work and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Newbie already on the other side!
 
Hi there Elosarabarb, I know what you mean, only on opposite legs. My left hip, operated on in October is doing well, but my right is the problem. I am having that one done in March. It seemed like the hip surgery was the last nail in the coffin for my unoperated leg, as it had to endure too much.


Glad you slept on you side, that is a big moment for those of us who hate sleeping on our back!
 
I wore TEDS for three weeks! I was so happy to be free of them. Although I have driving clearance, I have not driven yet. My left hip was replaced so hopefully it won't be too uncomfortable! How long does it usually take to be able to walk without an aid. I know everyone heals differently, but what is the average? I can't wait for that day!
 
I can walk round the house without aids. I use sticks outside as I don't feel confident yet. My problem is I still need surgery on my left hip so that is holding me back. If I had only the one hip done I would probably be walking unaided now.People who had their operations on or around the same date as me are aid free now.
Barbara
 
[Bonesmart.org] Newbie already on the other side!
STOP comparing!!! So what if other people are aid free----they ARE NOT you! YOU WILL GET THERE. Give yourself time and stop comparing. You are you----you are different from everyone else. Your time is coming.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Newbie already on the other side!
 
I do know that every one is different! It just gets so discouraging at times!
 
Hey Barbara, great to hear you are doing so well. I used my crutches for ages after surgery,better safe than sorry is my motto :)

Hope you get a date for no2 very soon.

Dd you say which hospital you are at...I can't remember.

Take care

Ann
 
Me too Barbara, I certainly felt in safe hands there.

Hope you are good :)
 
zauberflöte,Littlejem,Kim22,TeeEm, Songlady,Peaches,LeeApril26,sandybeach,Anniepops, ByGosh.Liveringer

Well doesn't time fly? on 6th June it will be 6 months since my op. It's hard to believe.
I am still working on my ROM. The damage was done over years so it is going to take some work to improve it.
My walking is good, No limping unless I am tired. My balance is much improved since I had left hip done. I can go up and down stairs normally. I am sleeping better now I can sleep on my side. No grinding bone pain :yay:
Finally free of all medication.
 
Hi Elosarabrab I had to look twice when you said it was 6 months since your surgery and thought I'd lost a few months somewhere, :shocked: but you meant since your first surgery and of course this is your first thread on the other side!! :) No regrets then about your surgery, it's all sounding good and looking like you are making a really good recovery, just have to crack this kneeling now eh?? :whistle:
 
Elosarabrab you gave a great report that inspires me. I know I will get to where you are, it takes time. I have to work on my ROM because of the limited used I had before surgery, that will take time. I can't go up stairs normally yet but in time that will happen too for me, that's great that you can already on the new hip too.
 
Elosarabrab Barbara, that is a great report I too had to look at the 6 month statement. Good for you and well on your way with the other hip. My ROM seems to be getting better everyday this morning I put my sock on op leg by placing my foot on the edge of the bed I haven't done that in at least 4 years. I went to PT for an hour, went grocery shopping for another hour (never takes that long) but today I wanted to savor the movement. Crossed fingers I still feel pretty good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom