Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

New Questions

ulrich2000

Country
United States United States
Again, some of this might be provider dependent. Not all may offer the On-Q. Perhaps you can reach out and ask what blocks the anesthesia department uses now. Your surgeon probably knows. Don't wait 3 weeks. Maybe it will help put your mind at ease.

In my last month to 6 weeks pre-op I became very focused on strengthening my leg muscles and upper body, trying to eat heart healthy, and preparing mentally for the big event. I wish I found this forum earlier. The recovery guidelines put forth by the moderators are excellent!

rosieNZ

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Re Ice (If you havent had surgery yet).
When I hired GR they told me to freeze small containers of ice instead of using ice cubes. It work really well. The containers I used were "Glad brand with a green lid" They came in a multi pack and we just recycled them.
I had no problem with excessive skin coldness and didnt need additional shielding.
It was a wonderful help with pain. Actually it was bliss!!

OP
OP
Cynof4

Cynof4

Country
@rosieNZ,
Thanks for the tip! We’re still waiting to see if my insurance will cover GR. If not we will rent or buy one. I can’t believe it’s inching closer :scaredycat:Only 5 weeks away now...
~Cynthia

newpartial

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I cannot believe how the time is flying by... mine is 4 weeks today yikes

BCSAnna

Country
Yes, surgery buddy, only five weeks away for us! :scare:It is feeling real now!:yikes:

OP
OP
Cynof4

Cynof4

Country
@BCSAnna,
Yikes! :shocked:Where has the time gone??? I've been so busy with life I just don't have much time to dwell on the upcoming surgery. Maybe that's a good thing? :heehee:

BCSAnna

Country
@Cynof4

At this point, I just want to get the surgery done and over with so that I can begin the road to recovery! I have been doing my pre-op exercises to strengthen my legs and I have finally gotten myself to the point that I am physically; emotionally; and mentally ready...so now I am getting antsy to get the ball⚽ rolling on this "adventure!"

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Snowball4303
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom