Guest viewing is limited

TKR New member

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so much better after getting all that stuff out of my system. No PT today, mostly rested and stretches.
Isn't ice amazing!!
 
First dr visit today. Great report ... Wound healing nicely. 115 and 0 degrees...pleased. X-rays looked great. I was encouraged by their positivity.

Thanks to you guys for giving me the courage to go slowly and take one day at a time. It works:)

I still run fever every day, so I guess gp is my next stop.

Have a great week.
 
Saw GP last week after continuing to run fever. UTI is the verdict. Third day on antibiotics and still running fever. I am so very tired all the time with zero energy.
The rk is doing great. Last day of hone PT Thursday, with outpatient beginning a Wednesday. Must be diligent until then.
I am continuing to lose weight, because if have little appetite. Focusing on clean proteins for energy.
Considering a couple of setbacks, I am doing well I think. Extension and flex are great and progressing.

Happy valentines day, all.
 
Hi there! Had the same surgery on the same day! I went from the walker to a cane in about 2 weeks but I'm still pretty wobbly. Good for you for speaking up regarding your PT. I'd love to have more mobility but I believe that slow and steady wins the race! Not letting any PT bully me into going too far too fast.
Will probably wait until next year to have my left knee done but it's starting to complain a little bit!
 
Hi Missytucker! I had my surgery Jan. 5. You sound like you're on your way. I also am proud of you that you stepped up and let your PT know therapy was too aggressive for you. Not easy to do especially so early in therapy. Sorry, you've had a rough time so far...things can only get better! Don't worry too much about your therapy. I think I was pushing more in the beginning but then I listened to the wise people here and let my body rest and took my meds. I felt better and my knees are healing. I go to PT 3 times a week for an hour at a time and at home the only exercises I do are stretching and heel slides. My Dr. Is very happy with my progress, told me to keep it up. I really feel the advice I found here was more beneficial then the PT. Take it easy and you'll continue to improve.
 
Hey @missytucker..... You are coming up to your 1 month anniversary... Way to go
Sorry to read about your stomach issues n hope that is all we'll behind you. How is the knee? I am happy with my progress thus far. Next big hurdle is stairs...haven't tried these yet.
Hope you are well and recovering to plan. Take care, Maggie x
 
I am continuing to lose weight, because if have little appetite.
Nothing ---absolutely nothing---tasted good to me. After one OS appointment, we stopped at my favorite pizza pa=lace ---a great Italian restaurant---and ordered a pizza to go. I had been going to this place since I was in college---and looked forward to the first slice.

I tasted it---great anticipation---and it tasted "blegh." What a letdown.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom