Guest viewing is limited

THR New life expected

Happy Four Month Anniversary, Anna!
Great update. Thanks for sharing. I wish you success in side sleeping.
Enjoy the rest of the week! :)
@Anna_K
 
Hello there my dear people with new Hips :heehee:
Today is my 5th month postOp
I decided to celebrate it with some water activity (it’s way too early but I wanted to just try) First time in my life I decided to try sup boarding.

Most of the time I was on my knees but at the end decided to just try and stand up and balance for 10-15 minutes :surfer:

In general I feel great and keep exercising and walking a lot. Hardly ever I feel depressed about my leg or have bad thoughts or regrets. Mostly I just keep going and hope to get better and better :angel:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] New life expected
    IMG_7828.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 55
  • [Bonesmart.org] New life expected
    IMG_7826.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Woohoo! Love to see how well you are doing, @Anna_K . Your post will inspire others to keep the faith about recovery!
 
You totally rock!!! :egypdance:
 
Wow, Anna! Look at you!
Happy Five Month Anniversary! :)
@Anna_K
 
Half a year :fingersx:
I’m a little speechless to be honest.

It’s hard to believe that half a year already has passed. My first few days after the Op were really hard. I regretted doing that and I thought life was going to be slow, miserable and hard.

Now looking back I see that these months have gone really fast and aaaaa looooot of things were done and achieved.

I’ve watched some videos of me doing exercises for the first time and now and it’s absolutely crazy and amazing. And just today I’ve realized that it doesn’t hurt. And it’s been a freaking while :prayer:

Now I know that it’s time to work a little harder and walk more and now I know it was a right decision. And if I could go back in time and talk to myself in February I’d say “go girl! You can do it!”

So if you have just done your surgery or if you are a bit down or scared, my dear friend, let me tell you!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! It will get better and better every day! :old:
Lots of love, hugs and kisses :flwrysmile:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] New life expected
    IMG_9462.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 51
Thank you for sharing this wonderful update, @Anna_K, and Happy 6 month an-knee-versary!

I know your words of encouragement will help others who are still in the early days of recovery. Please do come back from time to time and let us know how you are doing!
 
Thanks for your encouraging words to others! Many will benefit. I looked for uplifting, inspirational and encouraging posts such as yours as surgery was approaching. We're glad you found us and shared your journey here and thankful for your kind sentiment in regard to the forum.
Happy Six Month Anniversary, Anna!
@Anna_K
 
@Layla thank you :loveshwr:

Life seems hard sometimes so having nice people around (even online) it’s a blessing
 
Great update. When we are in beginning of recovery & everything hurts it's difficult to see the end result, but we reach various milestones during our recovery & then we look back & realize we were enjoying small victories here & there.
There's a young person that posted recently that is nervous about getting hip replacement at her young age, your story will inspire her & I hope she reads it.
 
Wow it’s been a whole year! It’s hard to believe honestly!
At the beginning of this journey I was so upset and broken but now I know it was the right decision!
It was a year full of struggles and hard work! But achievements and wins!

I tried a little crossfit, Pilates, bachata, and high heels dance! I keep moving, keep trying, keep listening to my own body! I see Success and feel happy! I hope for the best ahead :loveshwr:
 
Hi Anna,
Love hearing from you and reading your how well you're doing as you get back to life. Thanks for stopping by.
HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
May this next year bring continued strength, good health and lots of joy! :flwrysmile:
@Anna_K
 
Am so happy for you Anna.
Thank you for sharing your inspiring journey.
 
Back
Top Bottom