Guest viewing is limited

New left hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Liddle1 Sounds like you are doing fine! Just keep those mantras going and rest as much as you can.
 
  • Good to hear of your progress. Sounds like you are doing well. I also feel that I am progressing well.
 
Had my new hip installed today via the anterior surgical approach using a spinal for anesthesia. First night in the hospital and have pain well controlled. Doing PT and respiratory exercises with a little stroll down the hall included. One thing I wanted to mention was that after my first trip to the bathroom I started to shake uncontrollably with all my muscles tightening. My deep breathing relaxation techniques helped, but I could not get on top of it for a little bit (scary). Turns out that my increased blood flow and movement helped to release some of anesthetic stored in my tissues. No problems now but I wanted to give a heads up to those of you considering a spinal. Had a great dinner and I have a wonderful view of our local snowy mountains from my hospital bed. For those of you waiting; it's not so bad and thank you all for hints, tips, and references. I feel prepared and empowered!


Sent from my iPhone





Sent from my iPhone
 
@lifdie1. So glad you are ok Liddie! I had a similar thing happen to me. I wrote about it and someone referred to it as the silly shakesI Shaking uncontrollably when I got up to go to the bathroom . It was scary and as my muscles contracted, quite painful. My husband helped get me seated and turned up the heating pad.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@opie Now you know it wasn't "silly" but a real thing. Our bodies are incredibly fine tuned and can be quite vocal when we least expect it!


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day 18- Doing good Pt Four times so far. Worse part so far Going #2 After Day 5. Wow! Nothing prepared me for that. Stopped meds just tylenol. Thigh pain is the worse. Getting better everyday. Just not happening fast enough. I have no patience. Working on a positive attitude. :dancy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom