TKR New knee JUNE 4 anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Diana. The bruising is a shovkerbhey...just keep icing and elevating that leg when your not moving around. It passes! Mine was purple from thigh yo below knee. The back of knee bruising was last to go and then a bit around knee cap..something new every day...hang in there.
 
Yeah! You go girl! That's awesome and will only get easier once staples are out...bring on the rosehip oil or whatever you choose once you can touch the area...all the best
 
Thanks,rose hip oil,is that for the bruising? Hope you are doing well,its 10:30p.m. Here,what time is it there
 
Well its Monday morning at about 6.30am as I'vejust woken up.The magpies are warbling their dawn chorus. I had a pretty good sleep after a busy day yesterday but might just have a lie in.
The rosehipnoilnis for the scar..it helps heal and kerpnit from puckering..you can use vitamin E or any oil actually..even sorbolene cream etc...but I like rosehip..it worked for me.
Half the battle is how the scar area pulkd tight when you glex sonits good to keep it supple but gently massaging along the scar a fewtimes a day. Hope you have s good week. Jill
 
I will try the rose hip oil,my other scar is pretty light and i used a lot of vitamin e on it. I am getting a little restless being home so much,my husband and I went for a drive today,so that helps.i have therapy 3 x next week and staples out on friday...so big week ahead!
 
I had Hydro again today..and a good chat with the other TKR ladies in the pool...feeling great actually..forget to take my cane more than often now...its all good
 
Physical therapy is going good,my knee bends to 100'i am further along with this knee than the last one at this time. The sleep(lack of) is getting to me. I cannot get comfortable at night,knee hurts and muscles are waking up. The water therapy sounds wonderful,but nothing around here has that. Are you still taking meds? Keep up the good work!
 
Sounds like you are doing wonderfully!

I teach PreKindergarten and try my best to instill a passion for books. I have my Masters Degree in Reading and Literacy.
 
Thanks msmechanic, just having rough nights. pre K sounds like a lot of fun. i work in the library for 456, and you can tell what students were introduced to reading at an early age. When did you have your surgery?
 
It all depends on which day you ask about! I'm still having spells on sleeplessness and some good long naps at night.
 
Does your school district go all year around or are you off in the summer? We go from August to end of May if no snow days. My surgery came at the perfect time so I have all summer to recover. Do you still use crutches or a cane
 
I am off for the summer. I missed the last week of school so that I would be recovered before having to set my room up. I live in Mississippi.
 
I missed the last week also! I live in Illinois,I have worked for our district almost 25 years.I am curious what books you read to pre k,I have to buy really low level books for some of our students. They love Fly Guy books. I will go back in mid August
 
We read lots of books. I even use Audible for the first 15-20 minutes of rest time to play chapter books. They have enjoyed Charlotte's Web and the Boxcar Children. I use both fiction and informational. Whatever strikes our fancy each day.

I'm originally from Effingham and lived 6 years in Champaign. Small world!
 
Got my knee on June 10th, had a heart attack on June 11(I think). Not sure of timing.still in hospital. Waiting to be transferred to a rehab hospital next. Feel very sad and lonely, more than I expected. I too have terrible bruising on both arms and legs and all I can think of is the spa pool at my park. I just want to slide into that warm water and soak! Just want to soak and cry!
 
WOW, Gingiebot,you got a lot handed to you all at once. Sometimes a good cry helps,go ahead! I would tell my husband i just need a few pity party moments to cry and I will be ok? Are you able to get up and around? Just put a picture of a beach somewhere in your head and say soon...soon,good luck. Keep in touch this website has helped me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom