TKR New Knee journey to new me

Evening all - day 22
Progress is going well though I think I’ve overdone it today as pain in front of calf (tibea region) is a little more than normal.
also a sciatic type pain in right hip/ buttock - not too bad but annoying !
swelling okay - left ankle still swollen for some wierd reason - sleeping about 7 hours in bed now and keeping up with most of exercises - though walking round heel toe seems to be great exercise as thisstage
Hope everyone is okay xxx
 
Hi all tomorrow marks 28 days (4 weeks) - I’ve ditched the crutches as they were more cumbersome than help - though I do keep them in the car in case I go out for longer than 30 mins.
physio today was pleased - swelling right down and ROM etc fab - walking well. Moving from stretches to gentle strengthening exercises as I have full muscle waste from inactive 4 years - very gentle though !!!

I’m pottering around the garden and can walk for 20 minutes at a time without the knee complaining so I’m happy with that

Dressing removed and scar nice and clean - not quite ready for bio oil and massage for scar tissue but very close

Only major thing to report is the bone aches when sat still - my gosh it’s like tooth ache in the knee !!’
so I continue to take paracetamol and ibuprofen and Ice at least twice a day - I’m hoping it’s a sign of everything fusing together nicely.
Hope you are all okay xx

FE573583-F30E-4BB6-817C-A8737C7FE85D.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day31
So I had a brilliant day 29 & 30 - was walking unaided round garden with gait and the knee was happy. Nothing to strenuous and lots of relaxing in the gArden lounger which made a nice change.
a great nights sleep - 8 hours continuously which is a first and wonderful.

Today however the knee decided it wants a rest and I’m hobbling around — no further swelling but a lot of stiffness in both legs. It could be down to my arthritis as I’m not yet back on medication.
scar is healing well , still getting bone ache snd the doctor tissues are a little sore but All in all a nice quiet shuffling kind of day spent on the sofa
 
Time to ice and elevate Rollem. Very early in recovery. You still have internal swelling.
 
Time to ice and elevate Rollem. Very early in recovery. You still have internal swelling.
Indeed and exactly what I am doing right now - I expect ups and downs so taking it as a rest day
 
Hi all
Well I am bang in the middle of week 5 and I am sooooo frustrated!
I’m getting sharp shock pains that literally last a second but cor blimy they hurt - tend to be from behind the knee cap.
I also have tendon/ligament pain on the inner rear of knee
The to top it off I’m getting restless legs !
I’m icing and elevating but it’s not helping - I’ve tried extra stretches and excersises and they didn’t help so
I tried no exercise and that didn’t help either !
I wake up stiff as a bone and unable to move properly for about an hour as both of my whole legs are just seized up.
When I unsiffen and can finally walk it’s properly (but slow) and I have a constart ache in the knee
Seriously down about. All and don’t feel I am anywhere near ready to face work !
move driven a few miles and that was fine abs I can walk around the garden - I. Fact sometimes walking helps the pain
I know I’m ramblong so will stop now xxx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom