THR New hip was the answer

Hello I have not psted in a while . I guess no news good news . I am now 4month and 2 week out from an
anterior left total hip replacement . I am having a lot of tightness in the left groin area the psoas muscle I think its called .I stretch a lot and do water classes and still it tightens up a lot . Will that be permanent ,or is it supposed
to get better with time ? I sure hope so ,aand if not I guess I can live with that discomfort .
Thank you so much
I have referred some friends to your site , and they as I, so appreciate what you do
Margo
 
Still early days even at 4 months out. Give this time and keep doing your gentle stretches. Recovery from THR can take 12 months or longer for some.
 
I still had very prominent groin pain onward to 6 months.
Many times it was due to a little too much activity.
Happy you are able to take advantage of water therapy but sometimes it is easier to overdo in the water. I was still icing quite a bit at the end of the day, as tightness might be some swelling still.
I continued to see improvement...but even at 9 months I can tell when I've done more than I should.
Problem is, hips feel SO great, never aches until I stop for the day.
Hope all eases soon!:)
 
@jacey and@mojo333 Thank you both so much for posting back to me . I feel so much better now ,I guess I just needed to hear that it is not uncommon to feel the groin discomfort .I will keep and eye on doing exercises a
little gentler .
with much gratitude Margo
 
@margo - Did you have your leg lengths measured? LLD can cause your pelvis and spine to tilt. I had LLD and had my shoes modified to level my pelvis and spine. It's made a world of difference in my ability to walk. Best of luck!
 
@Clipper Thank you .I had them measured only 4 weeks out from surgery ,and they measured the same lenght .
I will have it done again . Maybe things have changed.It is worth a try.
Margo
 
A strange thing I have noticed in the pool is, I can't swim anymore .I sink
Hi @margo. This is my first post, fingers crossed that it works. I've not been in a pool for over a year, but I had the same thing happen in the months following my last hip revision. Are you able to swim yet, or do you still sink? Best wishes for your recovery, it's still early days.
 
@helenium Yes your posting worked and thanks for letting me know about your exsperience ,I am getting a little better, but I still need a floater belt around my waste in the deep end . This is a funny thing to happen .Of all the things there happens to some, of our friends on Bonesmart I consider myself very fortunate .
I hope you are doing well and again thanks for your response
Margo
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom