Guest viewing is limited

Need to get back to work quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, Iowa's FMLA act doesn't require income replacement. It requires employers allow employees to take up to 12 weeks off for a serious illness, but not pay requirement. I do appreciate your efforts to provide me with some information. There is really nothing in Iowa to assist. I'm just going to have to work with the places to which I owe money and try to work it out.

I made an error in judgment last night - I decided to take my grandkids to the park. Sounds simple and fun - wrong. I had such a hard time navigating the walk through the park. I'm so tired of this. I can't even do simple things anymore and it causes me depression. I look forward to having this behind me.
 
Your "error in judgement" may be just what you needed to assure yourself that it is PAST time to have your surgery. Going to the park with your grands should not require a "thought process"! This is a normal activity that your hip is preventing. As your activity level shrinks due to pain, you understand what us hippies say regarding getting your life back! Commit to this surgery and you'll find a way to make it work. Prayers.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Oh @shelby58 I really feel for you. It really is terrible having all that pain at the same time as just trying to get on with your life and be 'normal' on top of that, trying to sort your finances out, I can't even think how awful the situation is. I agree with you that you need to contact the companies and arrange a plan.

Is your job one that you can't work from home? I am assuming not?

Good luck and as @beachgal said the THR is now over due and its affecting your life activities and if it gets worse you may be off work with the pain if you delay the op any longer.

let us know how things go, and if you are getting really depressed maybe you need to see you DR about medication

x
 
What an awful position to be in! I will keep you in my prayers! I think my next step would be to search local charities. Nobody likes to have to do this, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do! You need help and I'm sure you work hard, so you deserve the help in this situation. Mother Cindy has spoken! Lol!
 
@shelby58
Best wishes for an easy night with no pre op nervousness, easy surgery and a fast recovery and return to work!
 
@shelby58
Just checking to see if you were able to figure out the income situation. More importantly, I'm praying your surgery went extremely well AND you will be among some of the "miraculous" recoveries some have experienced here on Bonesmart (so you can get back to work quickly)! God bless!
 
Regarding your OP, I think it's way too soon. I feel for you, I've been there. But, two weeks to me is unrealistic. I hope you find a solution. Where there's a will, there's a way. Maybe you'll get a windfall.

I hope your surgery went well, and that you have a healing recovery. The more you can relax, the better. Take care of yourself...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom