Ask the Expert Webinar

Ankle My total ankle replacement story

OP
OP
Larryr

Larryr

Country
United States United States
12 month post TAR report: wow! 12 months now, but I truly can’t say that time flies by, since I remember each week and month during my recovery. I am seeing progress, however slow it seems. Still experience stiffness when walking around and some pain, although the pain seems to move around in the ligments surrounding my TAR ankle. Almost like they get crossed somehow.
I am walking about a mile and a half, but not every day. Some days I use the elliptical or bike.
Am I glad I did it? Absolutely, just wish it would reach complete pain free,. I see my surgeon next month and I bet he will tell me that it will take another six months due to my age.
I do continue to do ankle exercises at home; stopped PT about four months ago.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Larryr Thanks for the update! Sounds like your TAR recovery is coming along nicely. I'm sure you will continue to see improvement - it just takes time.

Please let us know how your appointment goes next month.

Chanie

Country
United States United States
@Larryr you are a superstar! Reading your journey has given me a lift. I've been looking into right TAR during this past year. Due to rhuematoid arthritis for over 30 yrs now, I've had 3 foot/ankle arthrodesis (fusions) don eon my left ankle. but it's now 8 yrs since my last one and the ankle has deteriorated to needing a TAR, thank G-d there is such a thing now. But got sidelined with a Right Knee replacement done 3 mts. ago in June. Recovery was hard but good now! Of course, I am not looking forward to another big surgery but I can't put it off. Scheduled today for December 18 2020 . Wondering if you had the TAR because of injury or RA? Anyone out there that had a recent TAR due to damage of RA?

Last edited by a moderator:

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
From caregiver
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom