THR My recovery thread: day 4 nausea and dizziness

Just the four steps? You’re practically spinning around, @Woodstockhip

I hope I can remember how to turn around normally, once my body is able to do so. Last night as I was edging backwards into bed (which I do very smoothly now) I was trying to remember how I used to do it BHR (Before Hip Replacement), and for the life of me I couldn’t recall.
 
You do look fabulous and I remember well how I felt at one month post op. It was really a big turning point for me. I began realizing how THR was giving me my life back. Even though I had a way to go, I felt as though I could engage in life once again, something I'd been missing even more than I realized. It was the simple things for me.

I was one month post op. I had just ditched my cane. Early one July morning under sunshine and a clear blue sky, when everything was green/blooming and birds were chirping, I walked into Whole Foods by myself to grocery shop. I wasn't limping into the grocery store for the first time in over a year. I was no longer in pain! I was thanking God as I walked through the parking lot knowing I could shop leisurely without heavily leaning on the cart, grabbing only what I needed to hurry back to the respite of my vehicle again, often shedding silent tears. Back then I was in pain, exhausted, felt older than my days. The feeling on that July day was a natural high and looking back on it is bittersweet only because I've grown comfortable with my new hip, which is great, but the gratitude I felt in that moment in time is such a wonderful memory, I told myself I'd never forget.

I like to share that memory now and then because it takes me back to that feeling which I mentioned does disappear over time. I'm guessing you've had one, or more of those moments, possibly even on your nature walks which seem to inspire that type of thinking. Your doing great @Tuppence71 and I enjoy following your progress.
I hope you have a lovely day!
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well as we're heading into the holiday season.
The New Year should be splendid for you with your shiny new hip.
Best Wishes!
@Tuppence71
 
Thank you @Layla

All continues to go brilliantly. We are currently midway through a RV road trip across Europe, heading down to our other home in the south of France for a few months. My fabulous new hip and I have been on some amazing walks in new places (with my equally fabulous beagle) - an adventure that would have been unthinkable just three months ago.

I’ve resumed swimming, returned to (careful) yoga, and am back on my spin bike. Everything is going so well that I am starting to believe that I may even be able to resume karate/kickboxing at some point. I could not be happier! it scarcely seems possible that it only two months ago I was recovering from surgery….
 
Hi Tuppence... what a great update! Thanks for taking the time to share how well you're doing, it's encouraging for those following behind you. It sounds like you're getting back to all you love. Enjoy the rest of your trip through Europe to your home in France. Safe travels and best wishes!
@Tuppence71
 
Bonsoir @Tuppence71 aka deuxcentimes. Comment ca va ou comment allez vous si vous preferez que j'utilise vous. Vous etes ou en France et comment va votre prothese d'hanche. I lived in France for 18 years and go 2/3 times a year....
Bonne soiree et cache toi bien si les anglais gagne contre les bleus samedi.
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary and Merry Christmas too.
I hope all is well! :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
@Tuppence71
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom