PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

Plant selection is key. You need to 1) pot up some sun-loving annuals and 2) have moisture retaining yet well-draining soil (or water a lot). Try California poppies (seeds, just scatter them in a big container and enjoy. :) They’re ever so cheerful!
 
So I was sitting on one of the higher seats today at the bowling alley, they are like stools at a counter, and on a pedestal, so I was able to move my leg freely since my foot was not touching the floor.

I did maybe 5 half leg raises with my hand on my knee. I felt all kinds of movement in my knee, both with my foot/calf going up and when coming back down again.

It’s been about 5 hours so I don’t remember all I felt, but some movement was felt on the lateral side. I think in the front and I can’t remember now if I felt anything on the medial side.

Is that what patella mal tracking feels like?

And by the way, I had 2 good games today! After my first game of 92, I got 147 and 135. We have a new couple who has joined our league. They think I’m pretty good! They didn’t see how badly I bowled a couple of weeks ago! :rotfl:
 
When I had my knee caps, I could feel them wobbling from side to side while bending and straightening. But, I had birth defects. My caps were too high and too small. I'm sure yours is a different situation. You should be able to feel the kneecap moving up and down. But, I wouldn't think going side to side would be a good thing. Did it hurt? Mine didn't, just felt strange. Even though I'm restricted in some of the things that I'd be able to do if I had kneecaps, I'm sure glad that's one thing that I don't have to worry about going wrong!
 
No, it didn’t hurt, but my knee felt weird for a bit afterwards. (what else is new) And my knee was feeling better than usual bowling today before I tested it. It felt better again within a short time. After bowling I walked around Walmart for a while. I needed things all over the store so I got a good walk in.
 
LOL @Jockette!! A couple weeks ago, I went to Walmart and Sam's Club one evening. I walked all over both stores, and no knee pain!! Yay!! I'm so enjoying walking without knee pain, or having to sit down every few minutes!!
 
I am wearing pants as I write this and my knee is not screaming at me!

I’m on my way to a funeral and didn’t think my shorts would be appropriate so I put on my very light weight, flowy knit pants, the ones I consider my “dress pants” and my knee only quietly let me know it noticed.
:happydance::happydance:
Could it be it’s starting to settle down?:prayer:

And yes, these same pants have bothered my knee in the past. I’ll let you know later how the day went.
 
Last edited:
Well, I’m home. My knee was more unhappy when I got home, but it was an hour drive there and back, so no elevating, which my knee still craves.

I think I was too focused on the viewing that I barely noticed my knee while I was there.

So, I’m going to cautiously call this experience “improvement “. :) :-) (:
 
@Jockette I notice that you go out of your way to be so positive and supportive to others all the time.


So back at you :wowspring::flwrysmile::yes!: for the pants and the bowling and the good bend and stretch on the barstool chair.I have two similar chairs at home that I get the best bend on in every way.
 
I didn’t know the man who died very well but his daughter and her husband have been among our best friends for 33 years. She and her husband call my son their third son! (figure that one out!)
*
*
*
*
They have 2 sons and my son grew up with them and spent a lot of time at their house and today all 3 work for the same company.
 
That does sound like improvement for DQ! You must have embarrassed her into behaving!
High fives for feeling improvement!
:yahoo:
 
@Josephine
Here is a picture of my 17 month old incision. It is not raised or bumpy. My chiropractor today told me that it is still active. I’m not sure what that means. We talked about a lot of things and when she mentioned that another thing came up and we moved on and I didn’t think to ask.

I asked her if she has other patients with knee replacements and she said oh yes, and I asked if most of them do alright and she said 50/50. She told me about one in particular who did fine with the first knee, lots of pain with the second and it turned out to be a nickel allergy. (first one was all titanium)

On a good note, I walked around my daughter’s backyard last evening with the kids, and futher back where the grass was taller. I did have to use my cane and it’s amazing the physical steadiness it gave me, as well as confidence. I did need to hold on to my daughter’s hand in addition to the cane in the taller grass though, so 17 months out and obviously not healed yet.

Interesting that neither my original surgeon nor my second opinion surgeon commented on the dark area of my incision.

[Bonesmart.org] My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee
 
Well, I had to resize your image, Jockette! And my only observation is that it's rather swollen still.
My chiropractor today told me that it is still active. I’m not sure what that means.
Me neither! Why don't you ring her and let me know when you get the answer!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom