PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

You are a blessed woman for sure, @Jockette
I am, in lots of ways!!

I also had a lovely visit from family this week. My brother in law (my husband’s brother) and sister in law were here from Wednesday afternoon until very early this morning.

They live 3 hours away and are not retired and have crazy busy jobs, so we usually only get together about once a year, which is not enough!

But we had a good time, as always!
 
Once out the door of the exam room my husband heard him tell someone, I’m out of here. I don’t know what he was in a hurry for, but he definitely was.

Hi @Jockette First of all I agree with Kathryn that you are so kind and giving to others on this forum, and you so deserve the same yourself. Sending a hug.

Also, your doc's statement that he was outta here so much reminded me of an experience with my first OS, who I fired prior to surgery. One day I was cooling my heels in his examining room, and I had been waiting in there for about 15 minutes. I could hear him out in the hallway laughing and joking with his staff. He had been to lunch and he was telling them where he had gone and telling jokes and all kinds of laughing and giggling going on. And I am sitting there waiting for him. Oh my gosh it just frosted me, it made me so mad. I had a laundry list of complaints about that office by that time, which I probably talked about in my own thread so I won't go into them here, and I'm pretty sure it was a week or so later that it was finally time to meet with my second opinion OS, and that appointment had been on the books for a while. The difference in professionalism was stark, and I let the first OS go as soon as I met the second OS. And I have never regretted it.

I am crossing fingers and toes and sending angel blessings for resolution for you.
 
These surgeons have no idea what we go through, before we even realize we need a second opinion. Then the defeat we feel when we realize it’s time to find one.

Then we put a lot of thought and prayer into choosing a second opinion surgeon. We carefully make a list of our concerns to give this new surgeon the most information so he can diagnose our problem. And on the drive to that appointment the fear of having to have this surgery redone, the fear of more failure if it doesn’t work again, and yet the hope that they can help us.

And then it’s a disappointing appointment and we drive home feeling very flat and don’t even care that we’re creeping along in major traffic and who knows when we’ll get home.

I’m trying to gear up for that next opinion. I know who I want to see.
 
I'm so sorry Jockette. Your so sweet and uplifting to everyone here even while your having your own struggles with your recovery. I just know there is a surgeon out there who will help you :console2:. Just know how much we all here appreciate you!!:angel:
 
Woohoo! You know who you wanting see and you’re gearing up for it. This is excellent news. Fantastic and best wishes for a great experience. The type of care you deserve and have a right too
 
@Josephine
I just read this article about nerve damage:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/nerve-damage-after-hip-surgery.48942/

While this article is talking about hip replacement, do you think the weird discomfort I get in my knee when wearing pants (among other things) could be due to neuropathy due to an inflammation?

Do you think this type of nerve/inflammation can happen without surgery? I’m thinking of the nerve issue I have in my foot that has never had surgery and is not on the same leg as my knee replacement.
 
do you think the weird discomfort I get in my knee when wearing pants (among other things) could be due to neuropathy due to an inflammation? Do you think this type of nerve/inflammation can happen without surgery?
Of course it can!
 
I know how frustrating the second opinion process is and am just chiming in to say to give yourself permission to be frustrated, sad, etc. this whole process is draining and you need to go through the emotions in order to get to that place where you can think and decide clearly.

Taking time out for yourself and enjoying time with family and friends is very beneficial. Taking a break from everything knee and nerve related gives your mind and soul a chance to recharge and energize.

We are all here for you, as you as here for us, surrounding you in support and prayer. When the time is right for you to proceed, you’ll know it. [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Jockette,
GET SQUEAKY THEN GIRL! Stomp your feet, refuse to budge until they sit and actually listen. :yikes:

One of two things will happen, either the OS will stop and listen because they now realize you mean it and are suffering or they will simply tell you they can’t help. In the latter case, you’re better off then anyway. Better than be strung along.

At 13 weeks, my knee still has moments where it feels a bit warmer than my “normal” knee, but a new sensation has set in, that being it feels itchy. I’ve always associated that with an injury or wound healing. In this case, I think it’s a sign the nerve endings may finally be starting to mend. I had the same sensation months after my abdominal surgery. It started off feeling like prickly pins then turned into this subtle itch just below the skin surface. Biggest problem for me was not to scratch it too much!:heehee:

Get that third, fourth, fifth opinion, whatever it takes!
 
@Jockette,
GET SQUEAKY THEN GIRL! Stomp your feet, refuse to budge until they sit and actually listen. :yikes:
Thank you for:
1. Making me smile!
2. Encouraging me (like many others)
One of two things will happen, either the OS will stop and listen because they now realize you mean it and are suffering
I never thought if it this way, good point!

I just don’t think of things to say quickly, I never have.

That’s why I had my list with me!!!! :banghead:
I will try to do better next time. :arrow:
 
@Jockette I think you're doing just fine. It's hard to reply to a surgeon who obviously doesn't wish to deal with you; the best response when you encounter one of those is to stand up in the middle of the appointment and walk out. I had just one of those; it was with a revision specialist before I went back to my original OS, (and am still really glad I did, even with his busy schedule) and I didn't like him at all. I don't doubt he's highly skilled, but I disliked him for several legitimate reasons and dismissed him as a possibility to help me. You'll find the right fit for you, and will be glad you searched and found him. (I know, there are female OS's, but it's just easier to say him for all of them in general)
 
Neuromas can be quite common things. They are little cysts that grow on a nerve and are usually caused by irritation on or around that nerve. Thus it would seem likely they can occur in a number of places such as fingers and toes or near any joint including the knee.

Here's an example of a Morton's neuroma in the foot

[Bonesmart.org] My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee


And there are also many, many bursae that occur in the human body. They generally occur almost anywhere where a ligament arises from a bone or rubs on a bone - like these.
Baker's cysts and other knee bursae
You can see the Pes Enserine bursa bottom right

[Bonesmart.org] My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

Thank you!
 
Well if you remember that the fibula is on the lateral or outside side, then it follows that pes anserine is medial.

lateral = on the outer aspect or away from the midline
medial = on the inner aspect or nearer the midline
anterior = front
posterior = back
Thank you again!
 
:blackcloud: People who have not had a knee replacement, and who’s spouse had both of theirs done within the last year and did very well, should not tell me what to do with mine. They have no idea what my knee feels like. :hairpulling:
 
@Jockette, sounds like you’ve had a tough time of it the past few days. I’m sure it’s quite frustrating. It’s hard to remember that folks have good intentions when they “offer advice” but are clearly not listening to what you are saying.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom