NatureLoverCD
junior member
Tomorrow will be 15 weeks since my BTKR. 
Last night the floor lamp in my bedroom wouldn't turn on. I changed the light bulb. No change. Soooo, it had to be a problem under the bed where the lamp is plugged in. Not a good thing. It occurred to me that I was going to have to go under the bed and get on my knees to get up
. I could slide down the side of the bed to get down, but gravity wouldn't let me do that in the opposite direction. Getting on my knees seemed like a major undertaking to me
, but I didn't have much choice. I slide down, got on my stomach and inspected under the bed. Not to my surprise my cat, Psycho Kitty
, had unplugged the lamp, so I replugged it. I slowly got up on one knee. Which one? It didn't matter. really. No pain. Got up the rest of the way. A small victory for me
.
Anyway, things are going pretty well for me. My last outpatient PT was two weeks ago. I got out a week early because the PT said I had accomplished all of the goals he had set for me. My ROM was 123 right and 121 left at that time
. I don't know what it is now. I'll find out in three weeks when I see the OS. My biggest problem is walking. after a while, my left knee gets stiff and painful. I have to consciously think about bending my knee when I walk and that means that it's time to call it quits.
I hope all of your recoveries are going as well as mine. If not hang in there. It will get better.
Last night the floor lamp in my bedroom wouldn't turn on. I changed the light bulb. No change. Soooo, it had to be a problem under the bed where the lamp is plugged in. Not a good thing. It occurred to me that I was going to have to go under the bed and get on my knees to get up
. I could slide down the side of the bed to get down, but gravity wouldn't let me do that in the opposite direction. Getting on my knees seemed like a major undertaking to me
, but I didn't have much choice. I slide down, got on my stomach and inspected under the bed. Not to my surprise my cat, Psycho Kitty
, had unplugged the lamp, so I replugged it. I slowly got up on one knee. Which one? It didn't matter. really. No pain. Got up the rest of the way. A small victory for me
. Anyway, things are going pretty well for me. My last outpatient PT was two weeks ago. I got out a week early because the PT said I had accomplished all of the goals he had set for me. My ROM was 123 right and 121 left at that time
. I don't know what it is now. I'll find out in three weeks when I see the OS. My biggest problem is walking. after a while, my left knee gets stiff and painful. I have to consciously think about bending my knee when I walk and that means that it's time to call it quits.I hope all of your recoveries are going as well as mine. If not hang in there. It will get better.
United States
as it is my only complaint at this point.