Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR My bilateral replacements journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said yes and he said to go easy on that...not quite ready for them yet.

Once again, my knees tell me when to stop....I have to learn to listen.
Yes---simply pay attention to your knee(s) and let them dictate what you can do and what you cannot---you are on the knees' recovery schedule.
 
Hi All,
I'm at 8 weeks now. I've started taking short walks, in between the snow storms! Going slow, taking my time, clunking all the way. I hope that gets better. It really is loud. The last week my hips have been hurting. I was thinking its from my increased activity. Has anyone else had this happen?
I'm so looking forward to the Spring!
 
@sunshine818 So sorry I'm just now seeing your post!!! I hope by now some of that snow is beginning to melt!

Eight weeks actually is very early in your recovery journey, so I think the fact that you're taking short walks is wonderful! Things will continue to improve. Just remember to increase your activity slowly and steadily, pulling back a bit if you end up with pain or swelling from doing a particular activity.

It is normal to have a bit of hip pain because of the guarded way you are probably walking. Are you using any kind of aid on those walks? You might try that if you continue with the hip pain. And if by chance you are limping when you walk, you most certainly need to use whatever aid it takes to support you enough so that you don't limp. Limping can make all sorts of body parts hurt.

Congratulations on your progress and check back in when you can.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @Jamie. Thanks for your response! I still have some hip pain but not as much. Seems when I overdo it is when I feel it in my hips. Also if I lay too long on my side while sleeping, I may get some hip pain but that does seem to be going away. What a difference a month makes! I'm getting around a lot more also I'm very tired at the end of the day. Will see what another month brings. Overall I am thrilled with my new knees!
 
It is normal to have a bit of hip pain because of the guarded way you are probably walking.
I concur---I believe that, as your gait become more normal and functional and accurate, you will see those hips pains subside.
I'm getting around a lot more also I'm very tired at the end of the day.
Stamina is the last thing to return---and it can take a while.
 
Hi Everyone, It has now been just over 7 months since my bilateral surgery. Overall I'm so happy with my progress. I move my left knee like it's "mine". The right knee is a bit different. When I bend it, there is a lot of crunching ( like the sound I had before surgery) with some pain. This is a new development, it wasn't happening about a month ago. I was hoping this could be from swelling. I'm trying to take it easier and have started elevating and icing my right knee again. I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!
 
Is it all the time or just sometimes? I had a little crunching feeling (on the exercise bike) in the first year on and off but it went away and it didn't really hurt. My guess was that there was a little gristly scar tissue breaking up. But just a guess.
Your plan of taking it more easy and icing sounds reasonable to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom