Most/Least Helpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi yar I took flavoured water some fruit as hospital food is very similar to prison food!!!.
Also mobile phone, ipad. Or a good book. Have a look at my post op thread if you gat a chance as I've got some good ideas on there to get your leg in and out of bed painless. All the best of luck Foxy.x:flwrysmile:
 
some fruit as hospital food is very similar to prison food!!
My care in the hospital was awesome---but the food was awful!! The nurses on the floor actually had menus from local restaurants to call for the patients! There were at least three nights when I ate carryout food brought to me by my wife when she came to visit.
 
I wore the hospital gown and non-skid socks for my two days in the hospital. For PT, they had me wear two gowns, one backwards, one forwards. It was fine. I left the hospital and pretty much lived in big, loose shorts with pockets for weeks-I always had my phone in the pocket just in case, as well as anything else I could think of, in order to minimize my up and down and walking around. The knee itself is so warm as it recovers that even with the ice water machine on my knee, I was never cold. As far as books, I had all kinds of plans to get caught up on my reading during recovery but simply could not focus on novels or even TV, for that matter. Magazines were okay though.
 
As far as books, I had all kinds of plans to get caught up on my reading during recovery but simply could not focus on novels or even TV, for that matter. Magazines were okay though.
You did better than me. I took a couple of books to the hospital, but never got to them. The best that I could do was the sports pages and the comics of the newspaper.:snork:
 
Wow ! Your day is finally coming . Your preparation will pay off. You have been waiting for quite some time . Will you be going to a rehab after the hospital ? You are having a bilateral , correct ? Have you been exercising your upperbody ?? I know you have been vigilant with your preparation but try to be physically prepared as well. Initially the energy drain and lack of sleep lived up to the hype. Fortunately the pain hasnt. I will follow your progression and be praying for you to have a healthy and non eventful recovery. U can worry yourself silly but before you know it , its over and done . Best of luck. Ivan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom