TKR Monah - One down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also jumped on the idea of new shoes. I had been wearing an orthodic in my shoes and I will say that you have to throw away the old ones and get tested for new ones after the surgery. I did not even need them!!!

So I now have several pairs of cute little shoes!! no orthodics
 
Now that I'm walking pretty well I'm eager to go shoe shopping even for practical shoes.
 
Way to go wishing you a speedy recovery
 
It's almost 2 months now and things are going well. I've been driving for a couple of weeks, no problems there. I'm still playing around with various shoes and lifts to find something that works. My gym shoes with the 1/2 inch layer on the left shoe work best, but I can't wear tie shoes too long - very high arches/insteps.

I'm not doing new shoes yet because despite what everyone says - I have a bigger leg length differential after this new knee. My right leg was longer after the THR two years ago. Everyone, including surgeons, said TKRs do not affect leg length. Normally, I guess. My therapist measured and there is a bigger difference. The surgeon finally said yes, my case was a bit different. My knee was so crooked that to straighten it out did add a little length. So I figure I will wait until the knee is completely healed before I do more about shoes. Of course if I need my left hip done some time, they can fix the length issue. But I have filled the surgery square, so will try to avoid any more!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom