THR MoM resurfacing converted to ceramic dual mobility.

I'm one of those that heal quickly...too quickly and end up with lots of scar tissue in process.
These posts are excellent to learn about!
I've been doing some massage therapy and has really helped.
 
Hello, it’s been a while since I posted. The Tenex procedure proved to be a success and removed 80% of my glute/lateral pain. My hip is never 100 percent pain free but I have gotten use to it. After 3 surgeries on that right hip it will probably never be perfect.

I am able to ride 50 miles a week of Mountain bike and go to the gym. One savior is they sent us home to work remotely since March 2020. This has been a godsend, as I lay back on my bed and work on the laptop. It keeps me from sitting on a crappy office chair at a 90 degree angle.

One thing I would like to return too is stand up jet skiing. I use to race them when I was in my 20s. Its great for your entire body as your standing and constantly using your core.

My only concern is falling off at 60mph and my leg catching the water. I have built pretty good muscle tone around the replacement.

Not really sure how many studies are out there returning to extreme sports and dislocation rates.
Thanks,

Larry
 
Hi @ljpviper :wave:
Glad you are doing well.

I love to ride jet skis... haven't done it very much, but I love the coast, and off-shore fishing and have rented jet skis to ride the marshes and open water inland.
I don't snow ski or really play sports but I have always been outdoorsy and active. I love to ride ATV's, mostly trail riding so not jumping hills or racing.
I did turn my heavy ATV over since my bilateral THR... Scary.
I like to walk and move well, So after my BTHR, I have edited some of my former activities.
I no longer jump down from my truck or higher places like I used to...the Xrays of those stems down my femur make me think I don't need to pound down on them. I do try not to be quite so risky about things, as my hips do come to mind.

- I don't suppose you think you want to go back to riding without hot-dogging?
Interesting...your remark about Studies prompted a google search and there is a study about extreme sports (Jet Skiing not included) and dislocations....not after surgery...in general.

Interesting.
 
Thanks for the responce. Yes no hot dogging just riding fast and high speed turns. The good thing about jet skis your foot is not strapped like skis or wakenoards. The strapping and falling would make me nervous. I also ride atvs and utvs.

I read the article, very detailed.
 
@ljpviper people can learn from this guy. excellent post starts dec 16 2020 and completed with a good out come june 8 2023. This post will help a lot of other people. ur a warrior. I tip my cap to u fella and thanks for not abandoning ur post to leave us wondering what was the end result.
 
Thanks, been a tough journey as my hip problems started at 39 now 51.
 
I am so happy you are getting your life back.
Your story is truly a testiment to your perserverance in advocating for yourself.

Hope your Saturday is sweet, Larry.
 
Thanks got a new European chocolate Lab puppy yesterday. Wow I am worn out, felt like I ran 10 miles yesterday my hip is feeling it.

His dad's a big boy 95lbs
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] MoM resurfacing converted to ceramic dual mobility.
    20230609_152038.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 54
  • [Bonesmart.org] MoM resurfacing converted to ceramic dual mobility.
    20230610_060117.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 62
  • [Bonesmart.org] MoM resurfacing converted to ceramic dual mobility.
    IMG_20230609_093137.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 66
  • [Bonesmart.org] MoM resurfacing converted to ceramic dual mobility.
    IMG_20230607_201459.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 68
Wow, what a cutie! I love labs, and chocolate ones are supposed to be a little more crazy than black or yellow! He will put you through your paces for sure. Labs never grow up, I think that's what I love about them the most. My DIL has black lab, he's 8 and a real sweetheart, stays here once in awhile, loves coming to my house. Of course he's spoiled rotten when we have him, and he's a big boy but manages to sleep with us on king sized bed!
I had yellow lab she was my heart and soul dog.
Thanks for the dog pics!!!
 
Lol, my black lab lasted 14 years, she passed away 2 years ago. Never new chocolates were a little crazier. Too late for that, lol.
 
Aww, what a cutey he is!
I hope you have many years together. :dogwalk:
@ljpviper
 
What a beautiful dog:roseshwr:
My little Mojo (a Shihtzu) passed at almost 18 years old...
My daughter decided to get us a French Bulldog for Christmas:nah:
Now that is one hard-headed pup... I love him but boy, is he ever obstinate!
[Bonesmart.org] MoM resurfacing converted to ceramic dual mobility.
Puppies are alot of work.:) :-) (:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom