Guest viewing is limited

TKR Minnie's 2nd knee

I got home yesterday. I was able to sleep in between pain meds and bathroom trips. My quad has not kicked in yet which is so frustrating.
 
The quad not working is amazingly frustrating but you've been through this so you know it'll kick in soon. In the meantime, best wishes for staying as comfortable and pain free as possible.
 
That sleepy quad is a bother! Last time it took a month. This time it worked right away and life is so much easier. Hope yours wakes up soon.
 
Today I had a wonderful shower! And we changed my dressing. Last time I had staples. This time I have mini zip ties and the steri tape on the side even says zip line. I was always to scare to zip line so this is as close as I will get. LOL A lot of things have changed in the last 4 years.
 
Yay for a shower!
 
My OnQ pain pump came out yesterday. It must have been helping a lot as I had a restless night with increased pain. One day at a time for sure.
 
1st out patient PT today which went well. Extension was -7 and flexion was 45. Not great but at 5 days it could be worse. Just frustrating as it feels like here I go again. My extension was not great before surgery so I expected that.
 
@Minnie's knees, “it will get better” needs to be your new mantra! You’ve still got a lot of swelling, so that alone will restrict your ability to bend your knee. Be patient.
 
Day 10 - quad is finally starting to wake up. Nerves appear to be waking up also as pain was worse the last few days in quad and down shin. Not sleeping much at night this week = cranky me.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom