PKR Minnesota recovery

Can I change my thread name to post op advice
 
Sure, I will ask a moderator to change it for you.
 
I've changed your thread title for you. :flwrysmile:
 
@L2consult
We're a little concerned that, with your new thread title, people may think it's not a recovery thread, but a thread with advice for people who have had a partial knee replacement.

Please will you consider having us change your thread title a little, so no one makes that mistake?
If you'd like to suggest the change in wording, we'll make it for you.
 
That sounds fine. Thank you.
I've changed the title for you.
 
I am having tightness and pain behind my knee on the lateral side at 4 was post op
 
Having tightness in the back of my knee
 
You will have this tightness for a while still. It’s par for the course.
 
I started having the tightness in the back of the knee last week. I'm not sure why it took so long for it to show up, but it's making itself known now!
 
I had a PKR on my left knee on July 2. I am ambulating about 5000 steps without assistive devises with some swelling if I over do. My main concern is a tightness behind my surgical knee and a spasm or catch at night that wakes me. I assume this is my hamstrings adjusting to me new knee but want to be reassured everything is ok
 
I don't have the first clue how many steps I've been taking, but 5,000 sounds like an awful lot to me. Perhaps others are more qualified to comment.
As I understand it, the back of the knee is also quite traumatized by the surgery and is just as inflamed as the front of the knee. So swelling/tightness behind the knee is to be expected. I've been icing behind the knee more and more these days.
 
It is all normal, you are barely a month out from your surgery. Though you are doing very well, your knee and soft tissue still has a lot of healing left in this year long+ recovery for all the tissues to fully heal.
Most likely you are doing too much too soon, cut back your activity by half and let your knee heal.
 
I agree. It's early and so this kind of discomfort is pretty normal, but you could also ease back a bit on the activity to see if that helps. Very often we feel ok during the day when doing activities but it hits us at night.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom