THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

I've been thinking about going to the local community center pool and trying some gentle water exercising. I'm hoping that might help loosen things up a little without applying too much pressure.
Hey, that may help. Gentle though as you mentioned taking care not to overdo it. I wish you luck! Let us know if you try this and whetter it helps.
 
I still get minor tingling in the area, so the nerves are still healing, but it seems all is well with that part of my leg.

The pain in the upper thigh has improved slightly in the last 4-6 weeks. It's still a little swollen and sore mostly to the right of the incision, and I still have hard, lumpy scar tissue, particularly around the top of the incision. It burns and aches at a 3-4 level, mostly when I'm out walking.

However, the pain in the groin area seems worse than it was. I feel like the scar tissue is pressing against the femoral nerve and the hip flexors, causing pain. Also, I used to be able to lift my leg easily, but now it's difficult and painful to lift my leg. I feel like I'm going backwards in this respect. When I lift my leg, I can feel the muscle tighten under the scar tissue at the top of my incision, resulting in pain. It's eased if I lay flat and gently massage the area.

n, but I'm wondering if that is premature. After all, what can they really do about scar tissue? I'm tempted to just wait a few more months and see if this resolves on its own.

On a separate note, I've been thinking about going to the local community center pool and trying some gentle water exercising. I'm hoping that might help loosen things up a little without applying too much pressure.
Hi there, your recovery sounds similar to mine. Things progressing than at some point about 5 months it became increasingly difficult to almost impossible to lift the leg to get into a vehicle, put on pants while standing, etc. I saw my OS at 6 or 7 months and we tried a cortisone shot in the bursa(?) area of my psoas I believe and that coupled with good rest, basically no exercises, light walking for a 4 to 6 weeks and it resolved the issue. I'm 16 months now and the scar tissue issue is gone, I did massage that area a lot for a long time and the numbness continues to slowly improve. Thumbs up concerning the pool!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom