TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ai yi yi. A setback day after many good ones. Lots of pain & swelling. I haven't taken a pain pill during the day for at least 4 days. Today I needed half a Tramadol.
It is discouraging to discover that the trajectory of recovery is such a jagged one! :yikes:
So I had many little meltdowns interspersed with household chores. (Plus there's the whole Harvey situation. My sister is in Galveston. She & her family are okay, *and* it's been super stressful. I think I'm feeling a little extra sensitive though.)
I do count my blessings even when I'm crying my eyes out! :boohoo:
I have much to be thankful for. This forum is a huge benefit!
Taza :SUNsmile:
 
sorry about your temporary setback; sometimes due to doing too much. sending prayers for your family and others in texas.:console2:
 
I can certainly appreciate your stress with your family in Galveston. So glad to hear they are ok. The devastation there is so overwhelming. I'm quite sure this has contributed to your higher pain levels today. Rest, ice and elevate and it should calm down. Maybe just take a step back on your level of activity. You are still very early in your recovery and membership in the ODIC is no fun!
 
I'm glad your family is Texas is okay. I feel such heartbreak while watching the news, and I don't have family there, so I'm sure it's especially hard for you. I'm glad you're seeing your OS today about your incision, keep us informed.
 
Yes, I can relate about the Harvey stress -- I used to live in Port Arthur & Beaumont and have lots of friends stranded down there currently - I have been so worried. And then the ODIC on top of that . . . . hopefully you can recover from overdoing it and get back on a better trajectory. :flwrysmile:
 
Update on stitch ends & infection!

Saw the OS today & he said better safe than sorry, so now I will be taking a course of antibiotics to deal with the slight infection. There was enough redness & heat for him to be concerned. :umm:
And, the med tech just pulled those 5 stitches out! There was a little pain, but where I had stopped pulling (due to not knowing if it was safe), she just tugged a little harder and out they came! When I asked the OS about them, he called them "spit stitches" so apparently my body didn't appreciate having them.
So, I'm relieved, even though I don't like the idea of taking the antibiotics. My BFF already brought me some kefir to help maintain my gut flora.
I'm so very grateful for all of the good things in my life!:ok:
Taza :SUNsmile:
 
@kmak81230
Are all your peeps safely accounted for? Beaumont was flooded so quickly, it must have been terribly frightening! Prayers aplenty for all concerned. :praying:
Taza :SUNsmile:
 
They are . . . some without electricity and some with flooded houses but all safe and accounted for thankfully. Some of us were planning a reunion next week but are postponing. Glad you are being proactive about the redness and heat, even if it does require a round of antibiotics.
 
I started antibiotics last night so have only had 2 pills, but I swear I feel the difference already. Much less heat/redness/tenderness!

So, the milestone is this: today I walked down the street and back! (With a cane!)
The last time I tried that was in May, and I had to turn back halfway to the corner because of the pain in my failing knee.
Measurable progress, and I'm already icing!
:happydance:
Taza :SUNsmile:
 
Yay! I have found walking helps my TKR immensely and using the cane is fine, especially outside on what can be uneven pavement.
 
glad you are responding to the antibiotics and wonderful you were able to walk down the street and back. every milestone adds up!:flwrysmile:
 
@KnewKnee so glad to hear that the antibiotics are helping. I know what you mean about some days being worse than others. I have not needed anything but Tylenol and Ibuprohpern for a few days. But tonight I needed to take a Percoset. I don't take them unless I really need them that is for sure.
Hope you continue to feel better, and have a great weekend.
 
So, the milestone is this: today I walked down the street and back! (With a cane!)
The last time I tried that was in May, and I had to turn back halfway to the corner because of the pain in my failing knee.
Doesn't that feel great? :yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom