Guest viewing is limited

TKR Me and my new knees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I have never seen a Microwave blow up!!! We have opened up boxes of baking soda to try to get smoke fumes out of the house when something has burnt in the overn. I got a bag of stones from Jo Ann fabrics that you hang in a room to get rid of fumes---that was the best thing I have ever tried.

Also, I use unscented Aspercream for muscle pain in my knees---it is really quite effective. I buy it in drug stores---we only have Walgreen's here, but have seen it in other stores. It is inexpensive and easy to apply.
 
Thank you @skygirl7 House does smell better now. Does weather in Montana bother your knees. When it cold and damp my knees have always hurt.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Me and my new knees [Bonesmart.org] Me and my new knees [Bonesmart.org] Me and my new knees Well rehearsal was 3 hours. Saturday, had to be up at 6 am. out the door at 7:30. Traffic was good 1 1/2 to get there. 10am all parking lots full. graduation before us not out yet. Grand-daughter was suppose to be there by 10:30. A very nice attendant let us go in lot nearest graduation building where he had 2 cars leave. Boy! we were luck just 2 cars inside, empty space. Then things did not go well. Daughter could not take grand-daughter in the way other graduate were to enter. ( stair! she is in a wheel chair.) She was told to go around building to a loading dock. Which said no one permitted. She rang buzzer and explained problem and they let her in. Poor Megan had to wait inside by herself till someone came and got her. She was so upset.
Graduation, her classmates entered and went down the center isle under a six honor guard salute.. She was not allowed to go like everyone else. This was being televised
so families who were unable to attend could see them graduate. Because she could not go through the honor guard she was not on monitors or televised at that time. My family thought that something happened and she had to go to hospital again and did not see her graduate. Her mother was were angry. She saw her wheel herself along the outside chairs and she was in tears. When she went across the stage to get her diploma, she put it in her mouth and half of the other graduates cheered for her. She did it.
Here are a few pictures taken on day of rehearsal with best friends. Enjoy. Glad she has some truly great friends.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My knees are talking. Had to go down then back up 20 steps.
 
Your granddaughter is lovely and looks so happy. How proud you all must be. :SUNsmile:

Next week I'm going to my grandson's graduation. Just from nursery school--not quite the same thing but should be fun. And I sure do love seeing the little guys.
 
How wonderful that she has such wonderful friends! That will stay with her more than the graduation fiasco! Friends are priceless! That being said, change needs to take place in their policies to make sure that ALL students have the same graduation experience! My friend is a teacher for the visually impaired and yesterday was graduation for one of her students. One of the students had volunteered to sit next to Ashley, take her through the tunnel and up the stairs. Marinda, my friend then met them at the top of the stairs escorted her through getting her diploma shaking hands etc. and the student took over again going back down the stairs to the other side through the tunnel! Marinda said Ashley was on cloud 9!
 
I really cannot say that the weather bothers my knees at all---I really hardly notice them!! I ski all winter, but have on warm clothing--but I don't notice the knee.
 
@Wednesday ,@RestAssured ,@skigirl , Thank you all for your comments. She is ok today. Her mom wrote a letter to the Superintendent of Schools. Told him to fix things so it doesn't happen to someone else.
Hope everyone has a great graduation and lots of fun with family and friends.
 
Just checking in to say Hi. Almost 1 year since 1st knee replacement. I still can kneel and walk slowly. Looking forward to kooler weather.
 
Hello @I'm so ready. It's lovely to hear from you. How wonderful that you can kneel. You've done really well with your recovery and I'm over the moon for you. I love hearing success stories and knowing people are getting some semblance of normality.

This year has gone so fast! We've suddenly got very cool weather and any bit of me that gets uncovered in the night is very cold! This has been one of the best summers in years over here and the mildest autumn (fall) in a long time.

Look forward to hearing from you agin soon
Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox big hugs xox
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom